If you're looking for a delicious no-bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe that's easy to make and doesn't require any baking, this no-bake chocolate lover's dream dessert is perfect for you!
Enjoy the rich chocolatey flavor, tangy cream cheese, and a light and fluffy whipped topping, all nestled in a chocolate pie crust.
Why This Recipe Works
EASY TO MAKE: This recipe is simple and straightforward, making it an excellent choice for beginner cooks or anyone who wants a hassle-free dessert.
QUICK AND NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT - You can literally make this recipe in just about 15 minutes flat. You don't need an oven, fight with a food processor, or grab your rolling pin, or worry about a water bath. For this recipe, you'll only need a hand mixer, a bowl, and a spatula.
NO-BAKE: Since this cheesecake doesn't need to be baked, it saves time and energy in the kitchen.
DELICIOUS: This cheesecake is rich, creamy, and chocolatey, making it a decadent and satisfying dessert.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
CHOCOLATE PIE CRUST - This pre-made crust provides a chocolatey base for the cheesecake filling.
TIP! OPTION: You can also easily make your own pie crust. Crush chocolate cookies (i.e., Oreos without the filling) into fine crumbs and combine them with melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Proceed with the recipe as described.
CHOCOLATE - Semi-sweet chocolate chips - These are melted and added to the cream cheese mixture to give the cheesecake its rich chocolate flavor.
CREAM CHEESE - This soft, tangy cheese provides the base for the cheesecake filling and gives it a smooth and creamy texture.
BUTTER - This adds richness and flavor to the cheesecake filling. I recommend using unsalted butter.
SUGAR - This sweetens the cheesecake filling and helps to balance out the tanginess of the cream cheese.
WHIPPED TOPPING - This light and fluffy topping is folded into the cheesecake filling to give it a light and airy texture.
How To Make A No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- MELT chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE FILLING - Beat cream cheese, sugar, and butter in a separate bowl. Add melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and stir. Fold in whipped topping.
- CHILL - Pour the mixture into the crust and spread to layer the chocolate cream cheese mixture evenly. Refrigerate for 2+ hours until firm.
Recipe Success Tips
- ROOM TEMPERATURE - Make sure the cream cheese, butter, and whipped topping are at room temperature before making the cheesecake. This will help ensure that everything blends together smoothly.
- MELTING - When melting the chocolate chips, be sure to stir the mixture after each 30-second interval to prevent burning or overheating. When adding the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture, pour it in slowly and constantly stir to ensure it's evenly incorporated.
- WHIPPED TOPPING - Be gentle when folding in the whipped topping to avoid deflating it and losing its light and fluffy texture.
- CHILL - Let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until it's set and firm, before serving.
- SLICE - When slicing the cheesecake, use a sharp knife that has been dipped in warm water and wiped clean between cuts to get clean, even slices.
- ADDITIONS - Adding a teaspoon vanilla extract can add
FRESH FRUIT - Add a pop of color and flavor to the cheesecake by topping it with fresh berries or sliced fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or kiwi.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE: For an extra chocolatey touch, drizzle some chocolate sauce over the cheesecake just before serving.
WHIPPED CREAM: If you want to add even more creaminess to the cheesecake, top it with a dollop of whipped cream.
COCOA POWDER: Give the cheesecake a final touch of chocolate by dusting it with cocoa powder just before serving.
ICE CREAM: To make the cheesecake even more indulgent, serve it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top.
PARTY TIP - Cut into bite-sized pieces: If you're serving the cheesecake at a party or gathering, consider cutting it into small bite-sized pieces to make it easier for people to enjoy.
STORE - Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or foil, or alternatively place any leftover slices into an airtight container. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator. The cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZE - You can freeze the cheesecake for up to 2-3 months. Wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped cheesecake in a freezer-safe container or airtight plastic bag. Label the container with the date and the name of the cheesecake. Place the cheesecake in the freezer.
When you're ready to defrost the cheesecake:
- Thaw the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once thawed, remove the wrapping and serve the cheesecake.
More Recipes You Should Try
NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE - a deliciously creamy dessert made with fresh strawberries.
PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE - Indulge in the tropical flavors of a warm and gooey pineapple dump cake topped with a buttery yellow cake mix.
LEMON CHEESECAKE -
STRAWBERRY DUMP CAKE - an irresistible combination of sweet and tart with a luscious strawberry dump cake filled with juicy fresh strawberries and topped with a golden buttery crumble.
NO-BAKE LEMON PIE - Satisfy your sweet and tangy cravings with this refreshing no-bake lemon icebox cake.
Did you try our recipe?
Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
- 1 9-inch chocolate pie crust
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and cream until well blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer the mixture to the chocolate pie crust. Refrigerate for 6+ hours or overnight
Hi There, I’m Maike!
A German girl turned American sharing hundreds of easy, homemade comfort food recipes perfect for everyday cooking.
Leave a Reply