Indulge in a deliciously sweet and tangy treat with these mouth-watering Strawberry Cheesecake Bars!
This easy-to-follow recipe combines juicy strawberries, a creamy cheesecake filling, and a buttery crumb topping that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Similar to our classic German Cheesecake this is a cheesecake recipe without sour cream or cream cheese.
And instead of a Graham cracker crust, we'll create a very simply but delicious shortbread crust. Best of all we'll use the same dough for the crumb topping.
Why This Recipe Works
CHEESECAKE WITHOUT SOUR CREAM - Actually this is also a cheesecake without cream cheese.
EASY TO MAKE: This recipe is easy to follow, and the ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store. It also doesn't require any fancy equipment or techniques, making it a great choice for beginner bakers.
VERSATILE: You can customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. You can substitute other fruits, such as raspberries, blueberries, or peaches, for the strawberries. You can also add nuts or chocolate chips to the crumb topping for an extra crunch.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
STRAWBERRIES - I recommend using fresh strawberries for the strawberry topping.
GREEK YOGURT- There are several benefits to using Greek yogurt. It's high in protein, has a thick consistency which helps to stabilize the cheesecake. It's also got the creaminess and tanginess we all love in a good cheesecake.
Greek Yogurt is a great option if you are looking to make a cheesecake recipe without sour cream or cream cheese.
FLOUR - Regular all-purpose flour works great.
SUGAR - For this recipe we are using granulated sugar only. If you wanted a more moist dough, you could substitute half of the granulated sugar with brown sugar.
BUTTER - I recommend using unsalted butter.
INSTANT PUDDING MIX - Using instant pudding mix doesn't just add flavor but the cornstarch in the mix helps to stabelizen the filling.
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- DOUGH - Mix melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and flour using a dough hook until crumbly. Reserve ¼ of the dough, and press the remaining dough onto the lined baking tray.
- FILLING - Mix Greek yogurt, pudding mix, sugar, egg, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture on top of the dough.
- TOPPING - Cover with sliced strawberries and drizzle the reserved dough crumbles on top.
- BAKE for 30-35 minutes.
More Easy Dessert
You can serve this recipe as a delicious dessert or a sweet treat as is or with a dollop of whipped cream.
STORE - Transfer any leftover slices in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE - Yes, you can freeze Strawberry Cheesecake Bars. Cut them into desired serving sizes, wrap each piece tightly with plastic wrap, and store in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More Strawberry Dessert You Might Like
STRAWBERRY DUMP CAKE - A sweet and effortless dessert, perfect for satisfying your cravings with just a few simple ingredients.
EASY STRAWBERRY PIE - Experience a heavenly burst of flavor in this rich and creamy dessert full of sweet and juicy strawberries.
STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU - A delicious spin on a classic Italian recipe made with fresh strawberries and orange liqueur.
GERMAN STRAWBERRY TORTE - A light an airy spongecake topped with creamy pudding filling and fresh strawberries.
NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE - This creamy, fruity, and refreshing no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert.
Did you try our recipe?
Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1 quart strawberries hulled, sliced
CRUST & CRUMB TOPPING
- 2 sticks butter unsalted, melted
- 1 cups sugar divided, 1 cup for the dough, 1 ½ cup for the filling
- 1 large egg divided, one for the dough 1 for the filling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 32 ounces Greek Yogurt 0%, I recommend Stonyfield 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ whole lemon juiced
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Dough (Crust and Topping)
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and flour. Use an electric mixer and beat until the dough is crumbly.
- Reserve ¼ of the dough, and press the remaining dough evenly into the baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, instant pudding mix, sugar, egg, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese filling mixture on top of the dough evenly.
- Cover the cream cheese filling with the sliced strawberries.
- Take the reserved ¼ of the dough and crumble it on top of the strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crumb topping is golden brown and the cream cheese filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply