These savory and sweet honey roasted sweet potatoes are packed with flavors. With just a little bit of prep, you make this delicious sweet potato recipe in just about 30 minutes. It makes a great and very flavorful side dish.
About Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve been following Creative + Practical for a while, you’ve probably noticed that I have a serious weakness for things roasted. But seriously, roasting vegetables is an easy hack to bring delicious flavors to your table!
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
How To Make Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, begin by peeling the sweet potatoes. Chop cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add the sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and coat drizzle with olive oil.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, add the zest and juice of the lemon.
- Pour the melted lemon butter over the sweet potatoes. Add honey and combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the sweet potatoes across the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven for 22-25 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
Additional Cooking Tips
This recipe includes both butter and olive oil. That’s not entirely necessary.
If you’re worried about the amount of fat, you can simply decrease the amount of butter. And you can also use an olive oil mister to use less olive oil. I love this mister! 😉
Another way to add some extra punch to this dish is to sprinkle the sweet potatoes with some lemon-pepper. Or you also add a dash of nutmeg after the sweet potatoes are done roasting.
However, at our house, we like this version – caramelized and sticky!
Nutritional Benefits of Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- High in Vitamin A (can promote good vision, a stronger immune system, and better bone health)
- Rich in Vitamin C (can lower bad cholesterol (‘LDL’), strengthens your immune system, lower blood pressure + so much more)
- High in Fiber (high fiber foods help you to feel full longer)
These are some but not all of the benefits you’ll get if you’ll include sweet potatoes in your diet.
More Simple Recipes
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Pesto Zoodles with Baked Cod
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Pear and Mascarpone Pasta (made with brown rice spaghetti)
- Red Lentil Pasta Salad
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Put the chopped sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a small sauce pan. While the butter is melting, sprinkle the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Zest and juice the lemon and add both to the sweet potatoes.
- Add melted butter and olive to the mixture. Finally add the honey and combine all ingredients well. Make sure the sweet potatoes are evenly covered.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. I love to serve this dish with roasted salmon.
Do you enjoy roasting vegetables? What’s your favorite fruit, seed, or vegetable to roast? Please leave your comments below. Be sure to snap a picture and hashtag it #cheerfulcook on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.