These sweet and savory Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes are packed with flavors. With just a little bit of prep, you can make this ooey-gooey sweet potato recipe in just about 30 minutes.
About Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Oven roasted vegetables are one of our favorite hacks to make something amazing without much effort. If you’re looking to amp your cooking skills quickly, roasting is the way to go.
If you’re new to roasting, be sure to check out our super easy oven roasted salmon recipe.
Add a side of creamy German Cucumber Salad and you got a quick and easy dinner that is both comforting and has the added benefit of being quite nutritious.
For dessert try this easy 4-ingredient Apricot Tart. These look so nice, you might think they come from a professional bakery.
All of these are easy recipes that you can make in under one hour.
How To Make Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Simmer on low heat for one minute.
- Pour the honey-lemon butter over the sweet potatoes. Toss well.
- Spread sweet potatoes across the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 22-25 minutes in the oven. Remove and serve immediately.
Additional Cooking Tips
Try chopping the sweet potatoes into different sizes or slightly different shapes. This is a tip I picked up from Jamie Oliver years ago when he made his tomato salad and cut the tomatoes into various shapes and sizes. I’ve always thought this was a great tip because it adds interest and texture to dish.
Ready to experiment? Try adding some additional flavor to this recipe. Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
However, at our house, we like this classic version best – caramelized and sticky!
Nutritional Benefits of Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These are some but not all of the perks you’ll get if you’ll include sweet potatoes in your diet.
- High in Vitamin A – can promote good vision, a stronger immune system, and better bone health
- Rich in Vitamin C – can lower bad cholesterol (‘LDL’), strengthens your immune system, lower blood pressure + so much more
- High in Fiber – high fiber foods help you to feel full longer
More Simple Recipes
- Sausage Hash Brown Casserole – Breakfast for Dinner!
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Parmesan – The ultimate midweek comfort food.
- Roasted Salmon – Oven roasted salmon. 3 ingredients and no oil. Delicious!
- Sweet Potato Pecan Pie – Our best 2-in-1 Pie. A layer of gently spiced creamy sweet potatoes and a layer of ooey-gooey crunchy pecan pie.
- Bee Sting Cake – Easy version of one of Germany’s most popular cakes. Perfect for dessert
Roasted Sweet PotatoesRate Recipe
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces, and add to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
MAKING THE LEMON BUTTER
- Add butter and olive oil to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until the butter has melted. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Simmer for one minute on low heat.
- Pour the lemon butter over the sweet potatoes. Toss well to make sure the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.