Chicken Parmesan is home cooked comfort at its best.
Juicy, tender, and crispy breaded chicken breasts are perfectly baked in marinara sauce with mozzarella and parmesan cheese melting over the top.
Served over spaghetti pasta, it’s a recipe that you’ll want to make again and again.
What could be better than breaded chicken? Breaded chicken baked in marinara sauce and topped with gooey, melted cheese! That’s baked chicken parmesan!
Take it from somebody who worked in the restaurant business for a long time. A great Chicken Parmesan is easy and delicious COMFORT FOOD that will please the entire family.
But you don’t need to be in a restaurant to enjoy this dish. This is an easy and great homemade meal.
What You’ll Need To Make This Chicken Parm Recipe
CHICKEN CUTLETS: 3 pieces of chicken each sliced in half, one large egg, Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese
SAUCE + TOPPING: Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese
How To Make This Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Butterfly and bread the chicken.
- Fry the chicken in olive oil until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer the chicken into a casserole dish.
- And your favorite tomato sauce (we love this marinara sauce).
- Top with fresh mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 450º Fahrenheit. Serve over spaghetti pasta.
📌 Save This Chicken Parmesan Recipe!
Recipe Sucess Tips
CHEESE. Avoid pre-shredded cheese whenever possible.
Freshly grated cheese is always better. It tastes better, melts better, and often works out to be more economical. And you’ll avoid the fillers and additives that you’ll get with pre-shredded cheese.
Keep the leftovers and use them to make a delicious Chicken Parmesan Sandwich.
To make this most delicious sandwich simply reheat the chicken. Slice and lightly toast your favorite sandwich bread (try focaccia bread!). Add the chicken and top with a few basil leaves. – Simply divine.
What Goes With Chicken Parmesan?
Spaghetti pasta is the classic of course. But if you’re looking for a fun twist on classic spaghetti pasta you serve it over a side of Spätzle.
A side of garlic bread is delicious with this dinner! Some might even say it’s a must. 😉
And if you’re looking to add some veggies, try serving it with a side of broccoli or cauliflower.
How Long Does Chicken Parmesan Last In The Fridge?
All the chicken parmesan to cool completely and transfer it into an airtight container (this has been my favorite container for a while). The chicken will last for 3-5 days.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta – another delicious casserole dish everybody loves.
- Chicken Schnitzel – an easy spin on classic German Schnitzel
- Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese –
- Easy Lemon Chicken – made with capers and olives and served over pasta. Easy and delicious.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
For the Sauce
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cut into 6 thin slices, grate remaining mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- Cook spaghetti pasta according to package instruction. Drain, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450º Fahrenheit.
- Cut 6 thin slices of mozzarella cheese. Grate the remaining mozzarella. Grate 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare two shallow dish. The first dish is for the eggs. Use a whisk to lightly beat the eggs. Use the second dish is to combine ½ cup of parmesan and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs.
Breading The Chicken
- Butterfly the chicken. Cover with plastic foil and pound with a meat tenderizer (or a rolling pin) until the slices are thin.
- Dip each slice of chicken into the egg wash. Make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Transfer the chicken into the bowl with the parmesan breadcrumbs and coat well.
Frying The Chicken
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot transfer the chicken into the frying pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides. About 3-5 minutes per side.
Assembling the Chicken Parmesan
- Use 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce and spread it lightly over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Transfer the fried chicken into the casserole dish and coat with marinara sauce. Top with sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle chicken with the remaining shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Baking The Chicken Parmesan
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and is hot and bubbling. OPTIONAL: If your oven has a broiling function, turn the broiler on high and bake the chicken parmesan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to help create that dark brown color.
- Serve Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti. Enjoy,.