Chicken Parmesan is home cooked comfort at its best. Juicy, tender, and crispy breaded chicken breasts are perfectly baked in marinara sauce with mozzarella and parmesan cheese melting over the top.
Served over spaghetti pasta, it’s a recipe that you’ll want to make again and again.
What could be better than breaded chicken? Breaded chicken baked in marinara sauce and topped with gooey, melted cheese! That’s baked chicken parmesan!
Take it from somebody who worked in the restaurant business for a long time. A great Chicken Parm is easy and delicious COMFORT FOOD.
But you don’t need to be in a restaurant to enjoy this dish. This is an easy and great homemade meal.
What You’ll Need To Make This Chicken Parm Recipe
CHICKEN CUTLETS: 3 pieces of chicken each sliced in half, one large egg, Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese
SAUCE + TOPPING: Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese
How To Make This Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Butterfly and bread the chicken.
- Fry the chicken in olive oil until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer the chicken into a casserole dish.
- And your favorite pasta sauce.
- Top with mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 450º Fahrenheit. Serve over spaghetti pasta.
Tips for Success
If you’re looking for a fun twist on classic chicken parmesan you serve it over Spaetzle instead of spaghetti pasta.
A side of garlic bread is delicious with this dinner! Some might even say it’s a must. 😉
Avoid pre-shredded cheese whenever possible. Freshly grated cheese is always better. It tastes better, melts better, and often works out to be more economical. And you’ll avoid the fillers and additives that you’ll get with pre-shredded cheese.
Keep the leftovers and use them to make a delicious Chicken Parmesan Sandwich.
To make this most delicious sandwich simply reheat the chicken. Slice and lightly toast your favorite sandwich bread (try focaccia bread!). Add the chicken and top with a few basil leaves. – Simply divine.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450º Fahrenheit.
- Cut six pieces of mozzarella to 1/4 inch thickness. Use a cheese grater and grate the remaining mozzarella.
- Grate the parmesan into a separate bowl.
- Prepare two shallow bowls. The first bowl is for the eggs. Use a whisk to lightly beat the eggs.
- Mix half a cup of parmesan and one cup of panko breadcrumbs in the second shallow bowl.
Breading The Chicken
- Place the chicken onto a cutting board and slice lengthwise in half. Cover the chicken with plastic foil and pound it with a meat pounder (or a rolling pin) until the pieces are thin.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash. Make sure the entire chicken cutlet is fully coated with the egg wash.
- Transfer the chicken into the bowl with the parmesan breadcrumbs and coat well.
Getting The Chicken Parmesan Ready For The Oven
- Use a large frying pan to heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot transfer the chicken into the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Use two tablespoons of marinara sauce and spread it lightly over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Move the breaded cooked chicken into the casserole dish. Coat the top of the chicken with marinara sauce. Top the chicken with the six pieces of sliced mozzarella and Then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the chicken.
Cooking The Pasta
- Once the chicken parmesan is in the oven cook one package of spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions.
Baking The Chicken
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and is hot and bubbling. OPTIONAL: If your oven has a broiling function, turn the broiler on high and bake the chicken parmesan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to help create that dark brown color.
- Remove from the oven and serve the chicken over spaghetti.