Hi there! I’m Maike, a German-American girl who loves to share my passion for food. I feature recipes from around the world that are simple to make at home.
Thank you for stopping by and exploring some of my favorite recipes. I so am excited you’re here!
FOODIE THINGS About Me
- I began to photograph restaurant food when I got the iPhone 3GS. People always stared at me. That was then.
- Favorite Dessert: Butterkuchen
- Favorite Salad: Oma's Cucumber Salad
- Favorite German Food: Krautfleckerl and Knödel (not together)
- Favorite Side Dish: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- I love good ice cream - all year long.
RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
- I dropped out of law school because I fell in love with a guy. That was 1997. I married him and he will always be my best decision..
- My husband shares amazing renovation tips here.
- We have a cockapoo named Riley. And love him to pieces.
- I was born in 1977. In Germany.
- I am dyslexic. You might find typos! You will find them. 🙂
- Maike is a Dutch/German derivative of Mary. It's pronounced 'My-kuh'. Siri doesn't get it.
RILEY, The Cockapoo
Sous Chef And Recipe Tester
RILEY, Recipe Advisor and official Recipe Tester