Hi there! I’m Maike, a German girl who turned American.
And I love nothing more than sharing my favorite comfort food recipes from both sides of the pond.
Some of the recipes are childhood favorites from Germany. And a lot of my recipes are classic American comfort food I fell in love with over the years.
After working more than a decade in the restaurant industry and having the opportunity to meet some amazing chefs, I've learned quite a few tips and tricks along the way.
You'll find some old classics brought back to life, like my Last-Minute Canned Pumpkin Soup.
Although I love cooking from scratch, I'm all about making cooking as simple as possible for you. Thank you for stopping by and exploring some of my favorite recipes. I so am excited you’re here!
Here are some of my Favorites Recipes
RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
- I dropped out of law school because I fell in love with a guy. I married him and he will always be my best decision.
- My husband shares renovation tips here.
- We have a cockapoo named Riley. And love him to pieces.
- I was born in 1977. In Germany.
- I am dyslexic. You might find typos! You will find them. 🙂
- Maike is a Dutch/German derivative of Mary. It's pronounced 'My-kuh'. Siri doesn't get it.
Cockapoo And Recipe Tester
RILEY, Recipe Advisor and official Recipe Tester