Hi there! I’m Maike, a German girl turned American.
And I love nothing more than sharing my favorite comfort food recipes from both sides of the pond.
Some of the recipes are childhood favorites from Germany. And many of my recipes are classic American comfort food I fell in love with over the years.
After working more than a decade in the restaurant industry and having the opportunity to meet some amazing chefs, I've learned quite a few tips and tricks along the way.
You'll find some old classics brought back to life, like my Last-Minute Canned Pumpkin Soup.
Although I love cooking from scratch, I'm all about making cooking as simple as possible for you. Thank you for stopping by and exploring some of my favorite recipes. I am so excited you’re here!
Here are some of my Favorites Recipes
RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
- I dropped out of law school because I fell in love. I married him, and he will always be my best decision.
- My husband shares renovation tips here.
- We have a cockapoo named Riley. And we love him to pieces.
- I was born in 1977. In Germany.
- I am dyslexic. You might find typos! You will find them. 🙂
- Maike is a Dutch/German derivative of Mary. It's pronounced 'My-kuh.'
Cockapoo And Recipe Tester
RILEY, Recipe Advisor and official Recipe Tester