Have you ever thought of experimenting with fruit and pasta? Get ready for a whole new sensation of flavor.
Creamy mascarpone cheese and juicy pear pasta are a perfect combination with tender pasta. And this pasta dish works just perfectly with oven-roasted salmon.
This dish is incredibly delicious. It’s one of the most highly requested dishes in our family.
- Spaghetti – Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta is a great option gluten-free pasta option.
- Canned Pears
- CHEESE – Mascarpone, Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- VEGETABLES & HERBS – Onion, Garlic, Smoked Sweet Paprika
How To Make Mascarpone Cheese and Pear Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Peel and chop the sweet onion and garlic cloves. Mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onions and the garlic. Sauté over medium-low heat until the mixture is tender and translucent. About 5 minutes. Season with the smoked sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Allow it to simmer for a few seconds.
- Add pear halves, ½ cup of the juice from the pear jar, and Mascarpone and Parmesan cheese. Simmer over medium-low heat until the cheese has fully dissolved.
- Add cooked spaghetti pasta and combine until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. Serve and optionally add some additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Shop the Cooking Tools for the Mascarpone and Pear Pasta!
More Recipes like the Mascarpone and Pear Pasta
If you like this recipe you’ll probably also like the Cauliflower Gnocchi Pesto Pasta which is another great gluten-free alternative dinner option.
More Simple Dinner Recipes
- Easy Mint Rice with Feta Cheese
- Trader Joe’s Cowboy Quinoa Bake
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Baby Spinach and Burrata Cheese Pasta
- 16 ounces brown rice pasta
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic I remove the stem. It’s a bit more work, but my garlic never turns bitter.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 16 ounces pear halves in their own juice
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Cook the gluten free spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions. I like to cook my spaghetti al dente, because in the end I'll add the cooked pasta to my pasta sauce.
- Meanwhile chop your onions and crush your garlic. I like to have a mix of finely chopped onions and larger chunks.
- Open your jar of pear halves. Make sure to save ¼ cup of the juice. Next dice the pear halves into bite sized pieces.
- Choose a one of your larger skillets and add tablespoons of oil and over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions and garlic and sauté over medium-low heat until the onions are transluscent. About 5-7 minutes.
- When the garlic and onions are done, add salt, pepper, and smoked sweet paprika. Let it simmer for another 30 seconds.
- Next add some of the preserved pear juice. Next add the diced pear, mascarpone cheese, and parmesan cheese allow it to simmer on medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked gluten-free brown rice pasta to the sauce and let it simmer for another minute. You are ready serve. If you like you can add some freshly grated parmesan cheese.