Trader Joe's Cowboy Quinoa Bake is a straightforward, easy-prep, and healthy recipe!
And there are plenty of ways to customize the dish to your family's liking.
Although I am very passionate about cooking from scratch, sometimes I look for super simple dinner solutions.
And I like to have some go-to recipes that don't require much prep. This easy recipe fits that bill.
- diced Tomatoes Choose the organic, low sodium if possible
- Sweet Corn
- Black beans
- Trader Joe's Corn Black Bean, And Pepper Cowboy Salsa
- shredded Mexican Cheese
How To Make Trader Joe's Cowboy Quinoa Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking dish with baking spray.
- Add tomatoes, sweet corn, black beans, and cooked quinoa to the baking dish. Combine the ingredients. Sprinkle with shredded Mexican Cheese.
- Bake at 350º Fahrenheit for 25 minutes
Like many of my recipes, you can often skip or swap ingredients. And the recipe will still be delicious. If you are a novice cook, this one is for you.
Black Beans. If you don't have black beans, you can still make the recipe. It happened to me, and it was still delicious. Trader Joe's Corn, Black Bean, and Pepper Salsa include black beans. I only added more black beans because my husband asked me to love black beans.
Corn. The Trader Joe's Cowboy Caviar Salsa includes corn. But I like sweet corn.
Cheese. My family LOVES cheese. And you don't HAVE to add an entire bag of shredded cheese, but it's what we like. But lately, I have sworn off pre-bagged cheese and started to buy blocks of cheese. This means I'll have to grate the cheese myself. That's cheaper, and freshly grated cheese melts so much better. Why? Because packaged shredded cheese typically includes fillers, and a block of cheese doesn't.
Salsa. The Trader Joe's Cowboy Caviar Salsa is so good! And it's the easiest way to make this dish. But you can still make this dish if you don't live near Trader Joe's.
MORE EASY RECIPES
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Roasted Salmon
- Mushroom Black Bean Pasta
- Baby Spinach + Burrata Cheese Pasta
Trader Joe's Cowboy Quinoa Bake
- 1 cup quinoa cook according to the instructions
- 14 ounces tomatoes canned diced, organic, low sodium
- 14 ounces sweet corn can, organic
- 14 ounces black beans can
- 14 ounces Trader Joe's Corn Black Bean, And Pepper Cowboy Salsa
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions. Take 2 cups of cold water, add the quinoa, bring to a boil. Then let it simmer at the lowest temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease a baking dish with baking spray.
- Combine canned tomatoes, sweet corn, and black beans, and cooked quinoa into the greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a shredded Mexican Cheese like the Trader Joe's Fancy Shredded Mexican Blend.
- Bake at 350º Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
Hi There, I’m Maike!
A German girl turned American sharing hundreds of easy, homemade comfort food recipes perfect for everyday cooking.
OMG!!! I made this dish … it was the first time I tried quinoa. My family’s hooked. Thank you so much.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.