Our Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders are a delicious and hassle-free recipe that is perfect for a casual gathering, a Game Day party, or even an easy weeknight meal.
Why This Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders Recipe Works
SIMPLICITY - Utilizing a slow cooker simplifies cooking, making it approachable for cooks of all levels.
FLAVORFUL - A balanced mix of sweet, savory, and spicy elements creates a complex taste profile.
POPULARITY - Pulled chicken is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for family meals or casual gatherings.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
CHICKEN BREAST - Look for skinless, boneless chicken breast. Choose organic if you’re feeling extra fancy.
LIQUIDS - This is the perfect combination of sweet, sour, and savory. We'll use soy sauce (you can substitute it with coconut aminos), maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar.
SEASONINGS and SPICES - Tomato Paste and Dijon mustard. Then, we'll add a combination of garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and mix soy sauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, dijon mustard, and spices. Stir to coat the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken, shred it with forks, and return it to the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Stir well to coat the chicken in the sauce. Serve on buns with your preferred toppings.
STORE - Keep leftover pulled chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
FREEZE - For longer storage, freeze the pulled chicken in a sealed container or freezer bag. It will maintain its quality for up to 3 months, making it a fantastic make-ahead meal option.
REHEAT - Thaw overnight in the refrigerator if frozen, then reheat gently on the stove or in the microwave, adding a splash of water or chicken broth to keep it moist.
COLESLAW - Adding a bit of coleslaw mix adds a crunchy contrast to the tender, flavorful chicken.
SWEET POTATO FRIES - A sweet, crispy side that complements the savory, spicy flavors of the pulled chicken.
FRESH GREEN SALAD - Provides a light, refreshing balance to the hearty pulled chicken.
Recipe Success Tips
SHRED THOROUGHLY - Ensure the chicken is finely shredded to absorb more sauce, enhancing its juiciness.
LOW AND SLOW - Resist the urge to cook on high to speed up the process. Slow cooking on low ensures the chicken remains tender and moist.
TASTE AND ADJUST - Before serving, taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary to suit your palate.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I omit the cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes?
Though there are cayenne and red pepper flakes in this recipe, the overall taste is not spicy. If you are sensitive to spice, feel free to adjust the levels of cayenne and red pepper flakes in this recipe; note it will alter the taste some.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?
Yes, any variation will work here. You will want to make sure that your meat is boneless.
Can I serve this recipe as Pulled Chicken Sandwiches?
Yes, of course. Choose your favorite buns (Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls, brioche buns, hamburger buns) and serve a larger portion. This recipe will make about 4 Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and 8-12 Pulled Chicken Sliders.
Can I use my Crock-Pot to make this recipe?
Yes, any slow cooker, such as a Crock-Pot, will work. And, of course, you can also use your Instant Pot and choose the slow cook function.
More Easy And Delicious Recipes
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WRAP - Mildly spiced chicken with avocado and a creamy sauce served in a wrap.
HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS - The ultimate Game Day Food.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS - Bite-sized sliders made with Buffalo sauce and served with blue cheese.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN CUTLETS - Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, perfect for sandwiches or on top of salads.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders
- 1 pound chicken breast skinless, boneless
- ½ cup soy sauce or amino sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- buns for serving
- Place raw chicken breast in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Mix to cover the chicken entirely.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Once cooked, remove the chicken breast and shred with two forks.
- Place it back into the slow cooker and mix well with the sauce.
- Serve on top of buns to make sandwiches. Top with your favorite toppings (slaw, pickles, onions, lettuce).