Get ready to wow your dinner table with this simple yet impressive Smoked Salmon Pasta!
Smooth cream sauce, soft linguine, and tasty smoked salmon make this dish a real winner, and can be ready in about 20 minutes.
Indulge in this recipe of tender linguini pasta, a simple clam cream sauce, and smoked salmon.
About This Recipe
This dish could not be easier to make. But easy doesn't mean there is no flavor. In fact, the opposite is true. This smoked salmon pasta recipe has tons of flavor.
The secret to this simple sauce is the clam juice.
The clam juice makes subtle references to seafood and enhances the taste of the smoked salmon without your sauce tasting fishy.
Why This Smoked Salmon Pasta Recipe Works
EASY TO MAKE – Quick prep and cooking make this a stress-free choice for any meal.
CREAMY TEXTURE – The heavy cream and clam juice create a light but rich sauce.
BOLD FLAVORS – Smoked salmon and dill pack a punch, elevating the dish to restaurant quality.
QUICK COOK TIME – Ready in less than 30 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
VERSATILE – Works great for both casual family dinners and special occasions.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
CLAM JUICE – Adds a subtle seafood flavor to the sauce. A lot of people swear by the Harbor Clam juice, and it is very good, but if you can't find it in your local supermarket, you'll probably have an easier time finding this clam juice.
HEAVY CREAM – Makes the sauce rich and creamy.
LEMON – Brightens up the dish with a citrusy kick.
LINGUINE – The perfect noodle to soak up all that lovely sauce.
SMOKED SALMON – Adds a smoky, flavorful twist.
DILL – Provides a fresh, herby note to balance out the richness.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Pasta
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Cook linguine, drain, and set aside.
- In a skillet, mix clam juice and cream. Boil, then simmer with lemon until thicker.
- Add linguine to the sauce, and simmer for one minute.
- Off heat, add dill and smoked salmon. Season to taste.
HOMEMADE BREAD – Making your own bread doesn't have to be a big ordeal. In fact, you can whip up a simple 3-ingredient bread that pairs beautifully with this pasta dish.
CUCUMBER SALAD – A simple side salad can add a refreshing touch.
WHITE WINE – For those who enjoy a drink with dinner, a crisp white wine like a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio can really enhance the overall dining experience.
LARGE SAUTE PAN (with lid). When you are looking for a good quality skillet, be sure to look for one with a thick, sturdy bottom. This will ensure that the heat is equally spread. I recommend choosing a sauté pan with a lid.
PASTA BOWLS - This set of classic pasta bowls adds elegance and style to any table.
More Easy and Delicious Pasta Recipes
- Butternut Mac & Cheese
- Pear + Mascarpone Cheese Pasta
- Baby Spinach & Burrata Cheese
- Chicken Parmesan
- Pizza Casserole
- French Onion Pasta
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
- Combine clam juice and heavy cream in a large skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add the fresh lemon juice. Stir the sauce frequently until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cream sauce and combine well. Continue to simmer for one minute.
- Remove the skillet from the stove, add dill, and combine well. Lastly, fold the smoked salmon into the pasta dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper.