Delicious dishes don't have to takes oodles of time and prep. This Smoked Salmon Pasta can be ready on your dinner table in about 20 minutes.
Indulge in this recipe of tender linguini pasta, a simple clam cream sauce, and smoked salmon.
About This Recipe
This dish could not be easier to make. But easy doesn't mean there is no flavor. In fact, the opposite is true. This smoked salmon pasta recipe has tons of flavor.
The secret to this simple sauce is the clam juice.
The clam juice makes subtle reference to seafood and enhances the taste of the smoked salmon without your sauce tasting fishy.
- Smoked Salmon
- Clam Juice. A lot of people swear by the Harbor Clam juice and it is very good, but if you can't find it in your local supermarket, you'll probably have an easier time finding this clam juice.
- Heavy Cream
- Lemon Juice
How To Make Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Cook the linguine according to the package instruction.
- Use a large sauté pan and combine the clam juice, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sauce has slightly thickened - about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to whisk the sauce occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, cut the smoked salmon into ¼ inch pieces and finely chop the fresh dill.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and continue to simmer for one minute. Remove the sauté pan from the heat.
- Add the smoked salmon and the chopped dill to the linguine pasta sauce and combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and Enjoy
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Butternut Mac & Cheese
- Pear + Mascarpone Cheese Pasta
- Baby Spinach & Burrata Cheese
- Roasted Salmon
- Chicken Sausage & Lentil Stew
Shop The Tools for this recipe
Large Sauté Pan (with lid). When you are looking for a good quality skillet, be sure to look for one with a thick, sturdy bottom. This will ensure that the heat is equally spread. I recommend choosing a sauté pan with a lid. If you are looking for a budget-conscious, good quality sauté pan, you'll probably like this one.
Pasta Bowls. This set of classic pasta bowls adds elegance and style to any table.
Tips For Making Smoked Salmon Pasta
If you're serving this dish, it's almost a requirement that you'll add some good bread. And I love serving it with some fresh French baguette works great.
If you like to increase the lemon flavor, zest the lemon before you use it and add the lemon zest to the pasta sauce.
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, use a large sauté pan and combine heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the fresh lemon juice. Stir the sauce frequently until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the smoked salmon into ¼-inch strips and set aside. Chop the fresh parsley.
- Add the cooked pasta to the clam cream sauce and combine well. Continue to simmer for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the dill to the pasta. Combine well and finally add the smoked salmon. Serve immediately and enjoy.