This simple 15-minute Burrata Cheese Pasta recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners.
Baby spinach, garlic, and lemon juice balance each other perfectly. Adding the rich, creamy Burrata cheese makes this dish extra special.
The outside layer has the taste and texture of fresh mozzarella. The filling is a creamy, rich cheese with buttery undertones. The consistency of the inside of the burrata cheese ball is similar to Ricotta cheese.
You'll see that the Burrata Cheese is quite literally a ball of cheese. Before you serve the cheese, slice the ball, so the liquid on the inside can ooze outside.
Where to get Burrata Cheese
Burrata has surged in popularity so that you'll find it now in most larger supermarkets. Expect to find this cheese in a tub full of liquid.
Typically, you'll get two Burrata balls per tub, which is plenty of cheese for this dish.
- Fusilli Pasta - Penne pasta works well, too.
- Butter - This is my absolute favorite one that works for both cooking and baking.
- Olive Oil - I recommend using Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Lemon Juice - Fresh is best!
- Baby Spinach -
- Burrata Cheese - Use fresh Mozzarella and/or Ricotta cheese if you can't find Burrata at your local supermarket.
How to Make Baby Spinach and Burrata Cheese Pasta
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Use a Microplane or cheese grater to zest the lemon and then juice the lemon.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the minced garlic until fragrant - about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice and allow it to simmer for additional 2-3 minutes. Add the fresh baby spinach and cook it until the spinach has slightly wilted.
- Combine the pasta with the veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the pasta with two pieces of fresh Burrata. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Garlic Press. This is one of my favorite kitchen tools.
- Large Skillet with Lid. The lid helps the spinach to wilt faster.
- Chef's Knife. There are more expensive ones, but this is an excellent knife at a terrific price.
More Simple Dinner Recipes
Baby Spinach and Burrata Cheese Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Peel and mince three cloves of garlic. First zest, then juice one lemon and set aside.
- Use a large skillet to cook the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Simmer for 30 seconds. Next add the baby spinach and cook it over medium until the leaves begin to welt about 3-4 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine until the pasta is well-coated with the sauce.
- Top the pasta with the fresh Burrata cheese. Slice open the burrata cheese ball and allow the creamy inside to ooze out. Serve and enjoy.