Your family will love this delicious, rich, and cheesy Lazy Lasagna recipe.
You'll love this recipe because all you need are four simple ingredients.
It's a perfect recipe for days when you are pressed for time but want to make something the entire family will love.
This recipe is even easier to make than our favorite Lasagna Roll-Ups.
Ground beef, tomato sauce, and cheese.
What about lasagna noodles, you ask?
For this Lazy Lasagna, we'll substitute lasagna noodles with our secret ingredient. Drumroll, please. Frozen Ravioli!
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
MEAT - I like to go for lean ground beef because this is a lazy lasagna, and I don't want to add the extra step of having to drain the fat. But if you are going for that extra flavor and are using regular ground beef, drain the excess fat before adding the tomato sauce.
TOMATO SAUCE - There's no right or wrong here. Go with your favorite tomato sauce. I've used Vodka sauce, Marinara, and Pomodoro.
CHEESE - I'm using shredded Mozzarella cheese. And while you've probably heard me talk ill of all pre-shredded cheeses before, you might be wondering. Yes, for this recipe, use pre-shredded cheese. This recipe is all about convenience and getting things done.
CHEESE RAVIOLI - Our 'secret ingredient'! The one allows us to quickly make a nutritious lasagna without spending ages prepping.
Variations and Additions
I've given you the EASIEST version of this recipe. But like most lasagna recipes, you can tweak it a little to make it your own. Here are some ideas.
- Use a little less Mozzarella cheese and add 2-3 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground sausage instead of ground beef.
- A delicious, slightly meatier combination is to mix ½ pound of ground sausage with one pound of beef.
How To Make Lazy Lasagna
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- BROWN ground beef in a large skillet and add pasta sauce.
- SPREAD a thin layer of the beef mixture onto the bottom of a baking dish. Top with a layer of frozen ravioli. Repeat once.
- or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbly with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- BAKE at 400° Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbly.
Recipe Success Tips
PRE-SHREDDED CHEESE - Using pre-shredded mozzarella makes this recipe even faster.
NO NEED TO THAW - The ravioli can go straight from the freezer to the oven, saving you time.
CHOICE OF SAUCE - Feel free to use your favorite tomato-based sauce.
DRAIN FAT - If you’re not using lean beef, drain excess fat after browning.
CHECK FOR BUBBLES - Your lasagna is ready when the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
BREAD ON THE SIDE - To serve our Lazy Lasagna, we like to toast some good bread. A few slices of our favorite homemade Bread or some Ciabatta or Foccacia go perfectly well with this lasagna.
ADD A SALAD - A simple salad such as our creamy Cucumber Salad works wonders if you want to add some greens to the meal. Whether it’s a basic green salad or a refreshing German Cucumber Salad, it can make the meal feel more complete while adding a fresh, crisp texture.
STORE - To keep your lasagna tasting fresh, store it in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. This method will help you preserve its yummy flavors for up to 3 days.
FREEZE - If you have more lasagna than you can eat in a few days, no worries! Just place the leftovers in a freezer-safe container, and you can enjoy them later. They'll keep well for up to a month.
REHEAT - When you're ready to dive back into that cheesy goodness, just preheat your oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Place the lasagna in an oven-safe dish and warm it until it’s hot throughout, ensuring that you recapture all those original delicious flavors.
More Easy Casserole Dinner Recipes
CHICKEN PARMESAN - fried breaded chicken, baked to perfection in your favorite pasta sauce topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
TACO TATER TOT CASSEROLE - a delicious ground beef casserole with tater tots, beans, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce!
SALMON CASSEROLE - tender salmon and fresh spinach are baked to perfection with creamy pasta and a healthy dose of cheese.
TACO CASSEROLE - Crunchy tortilla chips topped with ground beef, black beans, salsa, tomatoes, cheese, and spices. This recipe is popular with kids and adults alike.
SAUSAGE AND HASH BROWN CASSEROLE - A super simple casserole that works for breakfast and dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain excess fat. Add the pasta sauce and simmer until warm.
- Spread a thin layer of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with a layer of ravioli.
- Add a second layer of the sauce and a second layer of ravioli. Add the remaining sauce on top of the second layer of ravioli. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the lasagna at 400° Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbly. Serve and enjoy.