Your family will love this delicious, rich, and cheesy Lazy Lasagna recipe. You'll love this recipe because all you need are four simple ingredients. It's a perfect recipe for days when you are pressed for time but want to make something the entire family is going to love.
This recipe is even easier to make than our favorite Lasagna Roll Ups.
Ground beef, tomato sauce, and cheese.
What about lasagna nood1les you ask?
For this Lazy Lasagna, we'll substitute lasagna noodles with our secret ingredient. Drumroll, please. Frozen Ravioli!
MEAT - I like to go for lean ground beef because hey this is a lazy lasagna and I don't want to add the extra step of having to drain the fat. But if you are going for that extra flavor and are using regular ground beef, just make sure to drain the excess fat before adding the tomato sauce.
TOMATO SAUCE - There's really no right or wrong here. Go with your favorite tomato sauce. I've used Vodka sauce, Marinara, and Pomodoro.
CHEESE - I'm using shredded Mozzarella cheese. And while you've probably heard me talk ill of all pre-shredded cheeses before, you might be wondering. Yes, for this recipe, use pre-shredded cheese. This recipe is all about convenience and getting things done.
CHEESE RAVIOLI - Our 'secret ingredient'! The one that allows us to quickly make a nutritious lasagna without spending ages prepping.
Variations and Additions
I've given you the EASIEST version of this recipe. But like most lasagna recipes, you can tweak it a little to make it your own. Here are some ideas.
- Use a little less Mozzarella cheese and add in 2-3 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground sausage instead of ground beef.
- A delicious combination, a slightly meatier combination is to mix ½ pound of ground sausage with 1 pound beef.
How To Make Lazy Lasagna
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and add pasta sauce.
- Spread thin layer of the beef mixture onto a the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with a layer of frozen ravioli.
- Repeat and top with shredded Mozzarealla cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit. Remove the foil.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbly.
Recipe Success Tips
To serve our Lazy Lasagna we like to toast some good bread. A few slices of our favorite bread such as Ciabatta, Foccacia, or Rye go perfectly well with this lasagna.
More Simple Recipes
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Parmesan
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Salmon Casserole
- Classic Ground Beef Taco Casserole
- Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
Brown The Beef
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, about 6-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon, transfer the browned beef onto a plate lined with paper towels Remove the excess fat from the pan.
- Transfer the beef back to the pan and add the pasta sauce. Simmer mixture until warm and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of the beef mixture onto a the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of frozen ravioli. Add a second layer of the beef mixture and finish with a second layer of frozen ravioli. Add the remaining beef mixture on top of the second layer of ravioli. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cover and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbly. Serve and enjoy.