This quick and easy creamy, cheesy Salmon Casserole is a great recipe for busy weeknights.
Tender salmon and spinach are combined in a rich cream sauce and topped with cheese. Add a side of creamy Cucumber Salad, and you've got yourself a delicious meal.
Ingredients and Variations
*Complete list of ingredients in the recipe card
FISH AND VEGETABLES - Use fresh or frozen (that's what I used) salmon fillets. Two 4-ounce pieces of salmon are perfect for this recipe. I also use partially defrosted frozen spinach.
PASTA - Any short pasta will work. Our family likes fusilli, penne, rotini, and cavatappi best.
CREAM SAUCE - A simple cream sauce made of cream cheese, half and half lemon juice, granulated chicken bouillon, garlic, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
CHEESE - For this recipe, I use shredded Swiss cheese. But you can also use Mozzarella or Cheddar.
Don't like spinach? Try substituting with frozen peas.
How To Make This Salmon Casserole Recipe
Printable step-by-step instructions in the recipe card.
- Use an electric mixer and beat cream cheese, half and half, garlic, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, and nutmeg in a large bowl until creamy.
- Fold in partially thawed spinach and sliced salmon. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
How Long Does Salmon Casserole Last?
Store the Salmon Casserole in an airtight container, and it will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze the Salmon Casserole. Allow the casserole to cool completely. While it is cooling down, make sure to cover it with a lid or aluminum foil.
For best results, wrap the casserole twice. First, it is in plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. Make sure to mark the date. You can store the Salmon Casserole for up to 3 months in your freezer.
Once ready to eat, transfer the casserole from the freezer to the fridge. Allow it to thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. Reheat at 350° Fahrenheit until hot and bubbly, about one hour.
More Easy Casserole Ideas
Chicken Parmesan Casserole - easy cheesy casserole that is a reader and family favorite
Beef and Bean Casserole - easy high protein midweek dinner recipe
Taco Casserole - loaded with all of your Mexican flavors
German Ham and Noodle Casserole - cheesy German ham casserole
Lasagna Roll Ups - a fun twist on a classic lasagna
Did you try our Salmon Casserole? Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1½ cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ tablespoons granulated chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package instruction. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
To Make The Casserole
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, half & half, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, garlic, and nutmeg. Use an electric hand mixer and beat until creamy. Fold in spinach, salmon, and cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture into the casserole dish. Top the casserole with shredded cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
Hi There, I’m Maike!
A German girl turned American sharing hundreds of easy, homemade comfort food recipes perfect for everyday cooking.
Served this for dinner last night and it does not disappoint! So unique and delicious; was the perfect casserole for a busy weeknight!
This looks so yum and easy too! I am bookmarking this right away.
I love a good casserole recipe, and this one looks like a winner! Bookmarked to make later. Thank you so much for the recipe 🙂
Wow! This salmon casserole was on point! So rich and flavorful.
Love this. Reminds me of a super upgraded version of my favorite tuna casserole!