This Kale Banana Smoothie tastes like dessert! Baby kale, banana, and cashews are the primary ingredients for this creamy, dessert-like kale banana smoothie. If you're new to green juice, start with this one!
Making A Perfect Smoothie
It's simple! Fill your high-speed blender with kale, banana, ginger, and cashews. I mostly use this single-serve blender and this blender for family smoothies ... pssst, I've got my eye on this blender!
Add milk, maple syrup (optional), and ice. Blend until smooth. If you are calories conscious you can opt for fat-free, or reduced-fat milk options.
- Baby Kale
- Ginger. Fresh + grated.
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make The Kale Banana Smoothie
- Combine baby kale, banana, cashews, and ginger in your blender. (This is the one I used)
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ice cubes.
- Blend everything until smooth.
The banana's natural sweetness combined with the nutty cashew flavors creates a delicious balance with the earthy flavors of the kale.
I used regular whole milk for this recipe, but you can easily substitute non-dairy milk like
- almond milk
- cashew milk
- soy milk
- oat milk. (check back for a homemade recipe version coming next week)
- hazelnut milk.
It can be fun and easy to experiment too with different non-dairy kinds of milk. You'll find that some milk results in a creamer kale banana smoothie and some in a thinner version.
If you or somebody in your family is lactose intolerant, you can also try lactose-free milk varieties. At my house, we love Trader Joe's Lactose-Free Milk!
More Easy Recipe Ideas
- 3 cups kale
- ½ whole banana
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup ice
- Add kale, banana, cashews, and ginger to a blender.
- Top with milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Approximate 45 seconds. Serve and enjoy.
I love this guilt-free kale smoothie!