This Kale Banana Smoothie tastes like dessert! Baby kale, banana, and cashews are the primary ingredients for this creamy, dessert-like kale banana smoothie. If you’re new to green juice, start with this one!
Making A Perfect Smoothie
It’s simple! Fill your high-speed blender with kale, banana, ginger, and cashews. I mostly use this single-serve blender and this blender for family smoothies … pssst, I’ve got my eye on this blender!
Add milk, maple syrup (optional), and ice. Blend until smooth. If you are calories conscious you can opt for fat-free, or reduced-fat milk options.
How To Make The Kale Banana Smoothie
- Combine baby kale, banana, cashews, and ginger in your blender. (This is the one I used)
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ice cubes.
- Blend everything until smooth.
You’ll Love these Recipes
About The Kale
Kale’s the hidden star of this smoothie. And 3 cups of kale will provide you with a solid 6g of protein and unlike meat, this protein is high in fiber and Vitamin C!
The banana’s natural sweetness combined with the nutty cashew flavors creates a delicious balance with the earthy flavors of the kale.
Using Milk in Green Smoothies like the Kale Banana Smoothie
I used regular whole milk for this recipe, but you can easily substitute nondairy milk like
- almond milk
- cashew milk
- soy milk
- oat milk. (check back for a homemade recipe version coming next week)
- hazelnut milk.
It can be fun and easy to experiment too with different non-dairy kinds of milk. You’ll find that some milk results in a creamer kale banana smoothie and some in a thinner version.
If you or somebody in your family is lactose intolerant, you can also try lactose-free milk varieties. At my house, we love Trader Joe’s Lactose-Free Milk!
- Begin by adding the baby kale, banana, cashews, and ginger to your blender.
- Top with milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Approximate 45 seconds.
What is your favorite smoothie recipe? I’d love to see your creations!