You are going to love this easy classic tuna salad recipe with 6 simple ingredients. Perfect on a gluten-free everything bagel!
About Tuna Salad
There are so many, many variations of tuna salad. And we've tried quite a few. We also like this protein-packed tuna salad recipe version with boiled eggs.
The great thing about this recipe is that it's budget-friendly. And we pretty much always have everything on hand.
But most of the time we go back to this version I created a few years ago.
How To Make A Sweet And Savory Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Peel and dice the red onion and the apple.
- Use a mixing bowl to combine the red onion, apple, tuna, sweet corn, and relish.
- Add mayonnaise and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast a (gluten-free) bagel or sandwich bread. Put a generous layer of the tuna salad on the sandwich. Serve and enjoy.
Bonus Tip: If you want to cut down on calories, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise and it'll still be yummy. And I've also made this recipe with 50/50 ratio of mayo and Greek yogurt. It works really well, too.
Tuna Salad Prep Tip:
Just a quick prep tip. Instead of making the tuna salad in a classic mixing bowl and then putting it into a food storage container like this one, try making it directly in this Pyrex storage container with a lid.
This way you'll simply pop a lid on and the leftovers directly into your fridge.
More Easy Lunch Recipes
If you're new to a gluten-free life, check out these easy and delicious recipes:
- Pesto Zoodles with Baked Cod
- Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Kale and Quinoa Bowl
- Greek Salad
- Amish Macaroni Salad
Tuna Salad on a Gluten Free Bagel
- 1 gluten free bagel