You're just going to love this simple summer smoothie. It's refreshing and easy to make!
Trader Joe's Tropical Simple Summer Smoothie
This smoothie is both refreshing and filling. And it's loaded with healthy nutrients.
After experimenting with various recipes, we've repeatedly made this super simple smoothie recipe.
The great thing is that all of the ingredients are staples in our house, so we aren't scrambling for anything.
It's a perfect breakfast option on hot summer days. And we also enjoyed it as a simple summer smoothie lunch alternative.
Trader Joe's Coconut Water with Pineapple Juice is the only slightly unusual ingredient. If you don't live near Trader Joe's, you can easily replace this with regular coconut water and a few fresh or frozen pineapple pieces. You can leave out the ice cubes If you add frozen pineapple.
It's super simple, healthy, nutritious, and super refreshing. And it's done in less than five minutes.
If you like limited ingredients recipes with lots of flavors, check out what you'll love: this Summer Watermelon Salad.
- 1 cup BABY SPINACH
- 5-10 leaves fresh MINT
- 1 medium BANANA
- 1 - 2 tablespoons LEMON JUICE
- ½ cup diced frozen MANGO
- 8 ounces COCONUT WATER - I used Trader Joe's Coconut Water with Pineapple juice. If not available, use regular coconut water and add ½ cup of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2-3 cubes of ice - optional. If you're using frozen mango, you probably won't need additional ice cubes. If you're using fresh mango, you'll probably want to add a couple of cubes.
How To Make This Summer Smoothie
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender and blend on high until smooth.
Tip: Add additional ice cubes if you like a very cold, thick smoothie.
More Easy Summer Recipes
- Creamy Kale Smoothie - Tastes like DESSERT.
- Roasted Kale Chips - Better than potato chips.
- Kale Pesto - Perfect for pasta recipes.
After taking the plunge and investing in the Nutribullet Pro earlier this year, simple summer smoothies have become somewhat of an obsession of mine.
On a side note, the Nutribullet Pro is a fantastic kitchen tool and has exceeded our expectations by a long shot. It blends everything super smoothly, and cleanup is a breeze.
This smoothie also goes well with the Roasted Butternut Squash Salad.
Ginger Root Health Benefits
Although it's not part of the original recipe, I wanted to mention that I've begun to add a tablespoon of frozen ginger.
It doesn't alter the taste much and allows you to incorporate the added benefits of ginger (one of the healthiest spices on the planet).
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can lower your blood sugar
- helps with digestion
- and may improve brain function.
Of course, the above health benefits of ginger are just the proverbial tip of the iceberg. But it makes adding more ginger into your diet a no-brainer.
And Trader Joe's now offers pre-portioned frozen ginger, which means no more fussing with cutting ginger!
Adding ginger was a perfect bonus to this Simple Summer Smoothie recipe.
- Watermelon Granita
- White Chocolate Mousse. Topped with fresh Strawberries
- Lemon Date Balls
Simple Summer Smoothie
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 5-10 leaves mint fresh
- 1 whole banana
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- ½ cup diced mango
- 8 ounces Coconut Water I used Trader Joe's Coconut Water with Pineapple juice. If not available use regular coconut water and add ½ cup of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2-3 cubes ice optional
- Combine baby spinach, mint, banana, and diced mango.
- Add lemon juice and and coconut water in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Hi There, I’m Maike!
A German girl turned American sharing hundreds of easy, homemade comfort food recipes perfect for everyday cooking.
Leave a Reply