Blueberry Goat Cheese Salad is a simple salad recipe made with fresh kale, blueberries, pecans, and goat cheese. You’ll be surprised how well kale, blueberry, and goat cheese go together!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read my full disclosure policy.
Some flavors are just a match made in heaven. For me the flavors are in this salad are just that. It’s such a simple salad, perfect for summer time when blueberries are in season.
This healthy and nutrient-dense kale blueberry salad is incredibly easy to make. The most important step is to massage the kale with olive oil!
The great thing about kale is that it maintains its natural crunch – even after you’ve treated it with oil.
Ingredients used in the Kale Blueberry Salad
HOW TO MAKE KALE BLUEBERRY SALAD
- After you wash and dry the kale, remove the stem. Tear the larger kale leaves into bite sized pieces and put into a large salad mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the kale and massage the kale with your hands.
- Add fresh lemon juice and maple syrup. Toss the kale salad base really well. Add the fresh blueberries, chopped pecans, and goat cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
For this recipe I used the blueberry goat cheese log from Trader Joe’s but regular goat cheese will work just as well.
More simple Recipes
Check out these great beginner-friendly gluten free recipes.
Kale Nutritional Benefits
I have a serious weakness for all things kale. A few years, seemingly out of nowhere, kale popped up. And all of a sudden it was on restaurant menus, smoothie stores, and has now become a staple in most supermarkets.
It’s not surprising since kale is one of the most nutrient-packed foods!
- high in antioxidants
- lots of fiber
- very high in vitamin C (boost for our immune system)
- lots of calcium (great for bone health)
But most importantly, when kale is prepared properly, it’s downright delicious!
Blueberry Goat Chese Salad
- Wash and dry the kale with a paper towel (or us a salad spinner). Remove the stem. Tear the kale leaves into bite sized pieces and toss in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and massage the kale (don’t skip this step!). Next add the lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt. Toss well.
- Add fresh blueberries to the salad. Cut the goat cheese into bite sized pieces. Lightly crush the pecans and add them to the salad. Top the salad with sliced red onion.
Sharing Is Caring