Pumpkin, spice, and everything nice go into this super easy fall version of dump cake!
Our Pumpkin Dump Cake is made with a rich and creamy pumpkin filling, topped with moist yellow cake, and sprinkled with crunchy pecans.
This sweet and buttery, easy dessert recipe for a comforting midweek treat!
I love making dump cakes for several reasons. They are easy to make, taste delicious, and are highly customizable.
If you have not made a dump cake before, this pumpkin version is good.
More Easy & Delicious Dump Cake Recipes
- Blueberry Dump Cake - reader's favorite
- Christmas Dump Cake - also works as an easy Thanksgiving dessert
- Lemon Dump Cake - personal favorite, lemony and sweet
- Peach Dump Cake - make all year long with canned peaches
- Cherry Dump Cake - made with frozen or fresh fruit
- Strawberry Dump Cake - made with fresh strawberries
- Apple Dump Cake - made with Ginger Ale
Why You Will Love This Dump Cake Recipe
EASY - This simple Pumpkin Dump Cake will be your go-to fall dessert recipe when you need something quick and easy! This is a great option if you don't like making traditional pumpkin pie. Perfect for busy moms!
SIMPLE - You'll need just a handful of ingredients, And most are pantry staples! And with the fall season in full swing, the rest are easy to find at your local grocery store.
FLAVOR - Filled with the best of fall flavors in one comforting and delicious golden treat!
TEXTURE - A creamy pumpkin filling layered with a moist and tender cake topped with crunchy nuts.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
EGGS - will keep the pumpkin pie mix moist and give structure so it does not bake into a gooey mess.
SUGAR - I used half a cup white and half a cup brown for this recipe for a sweet treat with some caramel undertones.
SPICE - Cinnamon and pumpkin spices add a warm and festive flavor to this pumpkin dessert!
CANNED PUMPKIN PUREE - We all know how busy September, October, and November are, and for that reason, I recommend going the easy route and using cans of pumpkin puree (instead of making your own). Just make sure to get pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling!
EVAPORATED MILK - Adds texture and creaminess to the pumpkin filling.
BUTTER - gives the cake mix moisture, richness, and a golden finish. Always make sure to use unsalted butter.
PECANS - its crunchy texture and mild buttery taste make it the perfect topping. It goes really well with pumpkin desserts.
Spice Cake Mix - This is a yellow cake mix with spices already included. Using it will amp up the fall flavors even more.
Nuts - Aside from pecans, some macadamia, walnuts, or almond nuts would be lovely with this pumpkin pie dump cake. Try using pumpkin seeds instead to keep it nut-free but still have crunchy bits. And for a super crunchy version, try adding some toffee bits.
Toppings - Top with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. And for an extra special Thanksgiving Day, serve with drizzled caramel sauce.
Gluten-Free - Use a gluten-free cake mix brand. The rest of the ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
Vegan - Make it vegan by using applesauce, vegan butter, and dairy-free milk like almond or soy milk.
How To Make Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and spices until light and creamy. Add pumpkin puree and evaporated milk and continue beating until the pumpkin mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan. Sprinkle with cake mix and top with a layer of thinly sliced butter. Drizzle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
Aside from using a baking dish, feel free to use ramekins when making this easy fall dessert for single-serve sizes. This is less messy and quicker to make.
You can also portion them into mason jars after baking. Add a few ribbons and a simple note; you have a thoughtful gift to give this holiday season.
Serve it warm with ice cream or cool whip on top!
Cover any leftovers with foil or cling film. Make sure Pumpkin Dump Cake has completely cooled down. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
When it's time to enjoy your leftover dump cake, remove it from the fridge and let it rise to room temperature. You can also briefly reheat it in the microwave.
More Easy and Delicious Desserts
BLUEBERRY CRISP - Fresh, juicy blueberries are covered with a crisp buttery topping.
APPLE CRISP - Tender, juicy apples topped with a gently spiced crumb topping.
LEMON ICEBOX PIE - this sweet and tangy 4-ingredient dessert is perfect for summer
BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE - impress your guests with this delicious and fruity coffee cake
GERMAN CHERRY CRUMBLE - this old-world sheet cake can be made with fresh, frozen, or jarred cherries.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and spices with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin puree and evaporated milk and continue to beat until well combined and creamy.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with cake mix.
- Top with thinly sliced butter, sprinkle with chopped pecans, and bake for 50-55 minutes.