Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are some of our favorite spring and summer treats!
Sweet strawberries and a hint of lemon are combined with creamy cheesecake and white chocolate chips. Simple and delicious.
These 'cakelike' cookies are incredibly soft and very fluffy.
And they are incredibly easy to make. In less than 45 minutes you'll have a batch of summer cookies the entire family is going to love.
What You'll Need
Check Recipe Card for exact measurements.
WET INGREDIENTS: lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract
DAIRY: unsalted butter (room temperature), cream cheese, eggs
How To Make The Cheesecake Cookies
- Dice the strawberries and cover them in about 1 tablespoon of your flour. This will prevent them from clumping.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. and cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
Making the Batter
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Add vanilla extract, eggs, and lemon (juice+zest). Blend well with an electric mixer. Add self-rising flour.
- Carefully fold in diced strawberries and white chocolate chips. Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop (or a regular tablespoon) to shape cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit or until the bottom starts turning golden brown.
Tips for Success
- Did you know that different ovens tend to behave differently? Yes, each oven has its particularities. Mine will often bake a little faster on the far left side.
- Different ovens have different thermodynamics and thus behave slightly differently. Why is this important? Because it will determine how long you will have to bake your cookies.
- What can you do about it? To make sure that your cookies bake evenly, you'll have to experiment a little bit.
- In this recipe, you'll see that the recommended baking time is 12-15 minutes. Start by baking the first batch for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and use a toothpick to check for doneness. If the cookie hasn't fully baked, increase the baking time by one minute.
- If your oven bakes a little unevenly, divide the minimum baking time in half. Rotate the baking sheet 180° degrees for the second half of the bake.
Knowing when your cookies are just right
The goal is to have a cookie that is lightly browned at the edges but light in center.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dice the strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with a light layer of flour. Shake off excess flour. Set aside.
MAKING THE COOKIE DOUGH
- In a large bowl blend butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes creamy. Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Continue to beat until all of the ingredients are well combined. Add flour and beat until it has been fully incorporated.
- Use a spatula to fold in the white chocolate chips and strawberries into the mixture. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes
- Use a 1½ tablespoon cookie dough scoop to measure out the dough. Place 12 scoops of cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
Baking The Cookies
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Once baked, transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Enjoy.