Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are some of our favorite treats! Sweet strawberries and tangy cheese make for an amazing flavor profile that you can't get enough of.
These 'cakelike' soft and fluffy cookies take only 45 minutes to make. But they will be the hit at your next party or dinner date night with friends. We can guarantee it!!
For a printable detailed ingredient list, please check the recipe card below.
WET INGREDIENTS: lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract
DAIRY: unsalted butter (room temperature), cream cheese, eggs
DRY INGREDIENTS: sugar, self-rising flour, white chocolate chips
More Easy Cookie Recipes
How To Make The Cheesecake Cookies
- CREAM. Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy.
- ADD vanilla extract, eggs, and lemon. Once well combined, add self-rising flour.
- FOLD in strawberries and white chocolate chips. Rest for 10 minutes.
- SHAPE cookies using a cookie scoop.
- BAKE for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
Tips for Success
- Did you know that different ovens tend to behave differently? Yes, each oven has its particularities. For example, mine bakes a little faster on the left side.
- Different ovens have different thermodynamics and thus behave slightly differently. Why is this important? Because it will determine how long you will have to bake your cookies.
- What can you do about it? To ensure that your cookies bake evenly, you'll have to experiment a little.
- In this recipe, you'll see that the recommended baking time is 12-15 minutes. So start by baking the first batch for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and use a toothpick to check for doneness. If the cookie hasn't fully baked, increase the baking time by one minute.
- If your oven bakes unevenly, divide the minimum baking time in half. Rotate the baking sheet 180° degrees for the second half of the bake.
Know when your cookies are just right. The goal is to have a cookie lightly browned at the edges but light in the center.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar granulated
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 whole lemon zest + juice
- 1¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dice the strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with a light layer of flour. Shake off excess flour. Set aside.
Making The Batter
- In a large bowl blend butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Add flour and beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and strawberries. Rest for 10 minutes
- Drop 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet.
Baking The Cookies
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Once baked, transfer cookies onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
Could you use frozen strawberries instead of fresh in this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries but I highly recommend using fresh ones. Frozen strawberries hold extra water that will seep into the dough making it wet, sticky, and harder to work with. You may also find that the dough changes color (not necessarily a bad thing just something to be aware of). Here's what I would do. Cut the frozen strawberries into small pieces and add them to the dough. Now try to assemble the cookies as quickly as you can. Hope that helps.