Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are some of our favorite treats!
Sweet strawberries and tangy cheese make for an amazing flavor profile you can't get enough of.
These 'cakelike' soft and fluffy cookies take only 45 minutes. But they will be the hit at your next party or dinner date night with friends. We can guarantee it!!
Why This Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Recipe Works
EASY-TO-FIND INGREDIENTS - This Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie recipe is great because it uses ingredients you likely already have at home, making it simple to get baking.
GOOD FOR TRAVEL - These cookies are perfect for taking on the go, whether packing a lunch, going on a picnic, or needing a quick snack.
CUSTOMIZABLE - This cookie recipe is flexible; you can swap in different fruits or types of chocolate based on what you like, making each batch unique.
For a printable detailed ingredient list, please check the recipe card below.
BUTTER contributes to the cookies' rich taste and tender texture and also aids in the browning process.
CREAM CHEESE gives the cookies a distinctively tangy flavor and helps create a soft, moist texture.
SUGAR sweetens the cookies but also assists in creating a tender texture by interacting with proteins in the flour.
EGG acts as a binder, keeping all the other ingredients held together, and also contributes to the texture and rise of the cookies.
VANILLA EXTRACT enhances the sweetness of the cookies.
LEMON - The juice and zest add a bright, citrusy flavor that balances out the sweetness and complements the strawberries.
FLOUR - Self-rising flour contains leavening agents, helping the cookies rise and creating a light, fluffy texture.
STRAWBERRIES add a fresh, fruity flavor that is characteristic of strawberry cheesecake, and they also add moisture to the cookies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS pair well with the strawberries and complement the overall flavor of the cookies.
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- CREAM. Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy.
- ADD vanilla extract, eggs, and lemon. Once well combined, add self-rising flour.
- FOLD in strawberries and white chocolate chips. Rest for 10 minutes.
- SHAPE cookies using a cookie scoop.
- BAKE for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
STORE - If properly stored, these strawberry cheesecake cookies can stay fresh for up to 7 days at room temperature. Keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out.
FREEZE - To extend their shelf life, you can freeze the cookies. In the freezer, they should keep for up to 3 months. Just wrap them well to protect against freezer burn and keep them tasting fresh. When you're ready to enjoy a cookie, let it thaw at room temperature.
You can also use leftover cookies to make some other fun recipes.
Crumble Them: Crumble leftover cookies to use as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or pudding. You could also incorporate them into a pie crust or cheesecake base.
Make a Trifle: Layer crumbled cookies, whipped cream, and fresh fruits in a glass dish to create a quick and delicious trifle dessert.
Create Cookie Pops: Stick a lollipop stick into the base of each cookie, dip it in melted chocolate, and let set for a fun and portable treat. Check out our Cake Pop recipe for inspiration.
Tips for Success
- Did you know that different ovens tend to behave differently? Yes, each oven has its particularities. For example, mine bakes a little faster on the left side.
- Different ovens have different thermodynamics and thus behave slightly differently. Why is this important? Because it will determine how long you will have to bake your cookies.
- What can you do about it? To ensure that your cookies bake evenly, you'll have to experiment a little.
- In this recipe, you'll see that the recommended baking time is 12-15 minutes. So start by baking the first batch for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and use a toothpick to check for doneness. If the cookie hasn't fully baked, increase the baking time by one minute.
- If your oven bakes unevenly, divide the minimum baking time in half. Rotate the baking sheet 180° degrees for the second half of the bake.
Know when your cookies are just right. The goal is to have a cookie lightly browned at the edges but light in the center.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dice the strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with a light layer of flour. Shake off excess flour. Set aside.
Making The Batter
- In a large bowl blend butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Add flour and beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and strawberries. Rest for 10 minutes
- Drop 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet.
Baking The Cookies
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Once baked, transfer cookies onto a wire rack and allow to cool.