This easy and indulgent cookie recipe is perfect for fall or winter. You’ll need less than 10 ingredients and 30 minutes to make premium cookies.
About White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Technically speaking I should call these cookies ‘White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies’ – but that’s quite a mouth full. And our mouths are going to busy already tasting these insanely delicious cookies.
These white chocolate chip cookies give classic chocolate chip cookies a creative spin. Adding crystallized ginger is optional but I highly recommend not to skip this step.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies. Using high-quality baking chocolate like this one is key to making extraordinary cookies.
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Both Guittard and Whole Foods 365 are great white chocolate chips.
- Crystalized Ginger. Optional, but highly recommended!!!
- Self-Rising Flour
- Butter (unsalted). Being married to someone from Ireland means there is only this butter at our house.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Finely chop the crystallized ginger (or use a small food processor).
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a medium saucepan. Melt the chocolate over low heat. Set aside
- Use a large mixing bowl and combine the melted chocolate, chopped ginger, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Add one egg at a time and use a hand mixer to blend the mixture at medium speed.
- Gradually add the self-rising flour and continue to mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a spoon to distribute dollops of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the back of the spoon to gently push down the dough. Add the white chocolate chip cookies by hand.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Shop The Tools for This White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Hand Mixer – While it’s a bit on the pricer side, the Breville hand mixer is excellent.
Oxo Mixing Bowls – These are my favorite mixing bowls. They have a stainless steel interior and no-skid bottoms. Perfect for baking and cooking.
Baking Sheet – Look commercial-grade baking sheets. A good-quality baking sheet will distribute the heat better and your cookies will brown more evenly.
More Ideas to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Recipe Notes and tips
Unlike a lot of cookie recipes, this one doesn’t require any baking powder. Instead, for this recipe, we’ll use self-rising flour.
About CRYSTALLIZED GINGER
Let’s talk about using crystallized ginger.
If you’re like me, crystallized ginger is not something you’ll typically stock in your pantry.
The only time you’ll find it at my house is during ‘cookie baking season’ in Fall and Winter. You can find a small container for about $5 at your local grocery store.
BUYING TIP – Stores like Whole Foods, sell crystallized ginger in bulk. Simply weigh the amount (~ 4 ounces for this recipe) of crystallized ginger you’ll need for the recipe and you don’t have any unwanted leftovers.
Prep and Storage
You can make this cookie recipe two days in advance and store the cookies in an air-tight container a week.
TIP – If you’re eating cookies that are already a couple of days old, reheat them quickly in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds.
Because nothing beats a warm cookie!!!
Sharing is Caring
These cookies make great hostess or teacher appreciation gifts. And if you are planning to bring a few cookies to your mom, best friend, coworker, you’ll love these resealable pouch bags.
Not to mention they will fly off the table at any bake sale.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Use a medium saucepan and add the butter and chocolate chips. Begin to melt the chocolate over low heat.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time. Next, add brown sugar, vanilla extract, chopped crystallized ginger to the mixture.
- Use a small hand mixer and blend at medium speed. Reduce the speed and gradually add the flour to the mixture.
- Allow the flour to rise and the dough to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make 12 dollops of dough. Use the back of a spoon and gently press the dough down. Add the white chocolate chips. Repeat the procedure for the second batch.
- Put the cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature. Enjoy immediately.