These buttery, flaky, and crumbly key lime cookie balls are incredibly easy to make, eat, and share. And they are the perfect afternoon treat.
And like the Chai Spiced Cookies, these cookies are just as easy to prepare. You’ll just need five simple ingredients to make these wonderfully sweet and lightly tangy cookies.
The subtly tart lime flavors are balanced with a sweet coating of powdered sugar.
During the fall and winter months, I love making lots of fun cookies. Just like the Strudel Cookies, the Key Lime Cookies are great because they also work great as a summer cookie recipe.
Key lime cookies are a great summer treat. Enjoy them with some of your favorite delicious cold iced tea.
These cookies are so easy to make, chances are you don’t even have to go shopping.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter and allow it to rise to room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar
- Limes – Juice and zest.
How To Make Key Lime Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine corn starch and flour and set aside.
- Beat the butter, powdered sugar, and lime juice and zest until creamy. Slowly add the flour/cornstarch mixture and blend until the ingredients are clumping up.
- Remove the dough from the stand mixer and shape it by hand into a large ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill it the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and form little 1-inch dough balls. Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for the cookies for 20 minutes. The finished key lime cookies should have a golden brown bottom and light brown on the top.
More Sweet Treats
Tips and Tricks
LIMES. Finding good, juice, and properly ripened limes are key for making great key lime cookies.
POWDERED SUGAR. Did you know that powdered sugar, confectioner’s sugar, and icing sugar all the same thing?
I don’t have powdered sugar. can I use regular sugar instead?
For this recipe, you need powdered sugar. But what happens if you don’t have any powdered sugar in your pantry. Don’t panic.
You can easily make your own powdered sugar!
How To Make Powdered Sugar
Add a small amount of cornstarch (tapioca or potato starch works, too) to prevent the sugar from clumping.
Key Lime Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blend butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer (*see notes) at medium speed until the texture is fluffy.
- Add lime juice and lime zest and combine well.
- Combine corn starch and flour. While the mixer is running, begin to slowly add the flour/cornstarch mixture to the dough.
- Once everything is well combined, remove the dough and shape with your hands in a large ball.
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Cut the dough in half and form little 1-inch dough balls. Place the dough balls onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the hot cookies on a cooling rack and dust with powdered sugar.