Delicious! Effortless! Indulgent. Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy to make and meets all of the criteria to be a real crowdpleaser.
This is a hearty Buffalo Chicken Dip that’s made with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese, sour cream, shredded chicken, and of course Frank’s hot sauce.
These are big bold flavors to be sure. And yet, you’ll love how easy it is to control the level of heat in this well-loved dip. You can even make two separate versions with hardly any extra effort!
And this chicken dip can be prepared in advance and reheated just before serving. In fact, the flavors just get better after a night in the refrigerator.
PRO TIP: Use a block of cheese and grate as needed instead of buying shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has fillers and doesn’t melt as well as freshly shredded cheese. A half-pound block of cheese is going to save money and result in a better dip.
How To Make Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is the easiest, creamy Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip!
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit and grease a medium casserole dish.
- Use a medium bowl and combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, and Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- Fold the shredded chicken into the mix.
- Transfer the mix into the greased casserole baking dish. Top the mix with 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through stir.
Allow the hot and bubbly dip to sit for 10 minutes before serving. The cheese layer can really hold the heat inside so you want to give that a chance to cool off.
It’s easy to scale this recipe. If you need to serve it up for a crowd simply grab a heavy disposable foil pan and double or triple the recipe.
Ideas to Enjoy This Dip
I think dips are way more versatile than we give them credit for. It goes without saying they are great for when friends or family are over for gameday or weekend barbecue.
But that’s not all. Movie night at home? Perfect! In lieu of lunch? Perfect!
And there are so many ways to serve this dip! Personally, I love to munch on it with pita chips. My husband loves Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip with celery sticks.
For a touch of sophistication serve with toasted baguette slices.
Pro Tip: If you are serving the dip with chips, then use a lighter layer of cheese so the chips don’t break off.
Celery sticks, bread or other veggie sticks, on the other hand, can handle a thicker layer of cheese. You have total control over the thickness.
More Easy Dips
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use your favorite cooking spray and lightly grease a casserole dish. Set aside
- Grate 11/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Set aside
Making Chicken Dip
- Use a medium mixing bowl and combine cream cheese, Ranch mix, sour cream and wing sauce.
- Fold in the shredded chicken.
- Transfer the mixture into the pre-greased casserole dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.