Delicious! Effortless! Indulgent! Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy to make and a real crowdpleaser.
This hearty Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with Ranch dressing, Cheddar cheese, and of course Frank's Buffalo hot sauce.
These are big bold flavors to be sure. And yet, you'll love how easy it is to control the level of heat in this well-loved dip. You can even make two separate versions with hardly any extra effort!
And this chicken dip can be prepared in advance and reheated just before serving. In fact, the flavors just get better after a night in the refrigerator.
Why This Recipe Works
Perfect Appetizer - If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe for your next game day, party, or holiday event, this dip is for you.
Quick - You really don't need to do much to make this recipe. All you really need to do is mix a few ingredients and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Size It Up - Got a big hungry crowd? No problem you can easily double or triple the recipe for a bigger gathering.
CHICKEN - Shred any cooked chicken you have lying around. Leftover rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe.
CREAM CHEESE - Use softened cream cheese for this recipe. It's best to take out the cream cheese about 30-45 minutes before cooking.
SOUR CREAM - I like to use full-fat sour cream. But you can also use light sour cream.
HOT SAUCE - I highly recommend Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. (Not a sponsored opinion.) Although there are many great hot sauces, I think this one is best. And you can easily find it in any major supermarket.
CHEESE - I think shredded Cheddar Cheese is perfect for this recipe. But you can also experiment with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
PRO TIP: Use a block of cheese and grate as needed instead of buying shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has fillers and doesn't melt as well as freshly shredded cheese. A half-pound block of cheese is going to save money and result in a creamier dip.
How To Make Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Please check the recipe card below for detailed, printable instructions.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, Ranch mix, and Frank's Buffalo Redhot Wing Sauce in a medium bowl. Fold the shredded chicken.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish and top with shredded Cheddar.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit.
Allow the hot and bubbly dip to sit for 10 minutes before serving. The cheese layer can really hold the heat inside so you want to give that a chance to cool off.
Recipe Success Tips
- Scale - It's easy to scale this recipe. If you need to serve it up for a crowd simply grab a heavy disposable foil pan and double or triple the recipe.
- Fun Spin - For a touch of sophistication serve with toasted baguette slices.
- When To Serve This Dip
- Movie Night or Game Night
- Game Day
- Lunch Time - Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip make an easy and filling lunch.
PITA CHIPS. They are my favorite dippers. I love the crunchiness that goes so well with the creamy dip
CRACKERS - What's more perfect than dips and crackers? Not much.
VEGETABLES - My husband loves celery sticks and they go so well with this dip. But baby carrots or sliced cucumber sticks.
Pro Tip: If you are serving the dip with chips, then use a lighter layer of cheese so the chips don't break off.
Celery sticks, bread, or other veggie sticks, on the other hand, can handle a thicker layer of cheese. You have total control over the thickness.
If You Like This Dip, Try These Easy Dip Recipes!
- Cucumber Dip - creamy and refreshing
- Taco Dip - easy 5 minute dip you can easily customize to make it your own
- Dill Dip - refreshing dip with just 5 ingredients
- Warm Spinach Dip - great party appetizzers
- Bonus Dessert Dip: Dunkaroo Dip - revival of a childhood favorite
Did you try Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip? Awesome! Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside
- Grate 1 ½ cups of Cheddar cheese. Set aside
Making Chicken Dip
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Ranch mix, and Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce in a medium bowl. Fold in shredded chicken.
- Transfer the mixture into the casserole dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit.