If you’re looking for an easy, no-bake, delicious dessert recipe, this Dunkaroo Dip for you.
It’s a perfect last-minute, funfetti flavored dessert you can serve at any party. This recipe will take you just about 5 minutes to make. And it’s also going to serve as a conversation starter!
If you’re reading this recipe you’re probably remembering the original Dunkaroos. The blue boxes filled with cookies and a built-in frosting dip.
Good news! While Dunkaroos disappeared for several years from our shelves, they are back. Although apparently, it's not exactly the same as the 1990s version. Decide for yourself. You can buy them here.
Story Time. When I was a teenager I lived in the Midwest for a while. And this was the time when I discovered so many ingenious American foods.
One of the things I immediately fell in love with were dips! Americans loved dips … and so did I.
Dips came in hot, cold, with layers, sweet, or savory. I mean what’s not to love. People brought them to birthday parties, picnics, or potlucks.
Everything from cookies, fruit, meat to veggies and chips would get dipped. What a brilliant concept. I mean Taco Dip is just delicious! Period.
PS: Btw it was also the time I learned about Blueberry Dump Cakes! But that’s a story for another day.
And a few weeks ago my husband and I were chatting about "food we used to love but haven’t eaten in while". That's when I brought up Cake Batter Dips.
And so, here I am rediscovering and sharing this super quick and delicious recipe.
- Easy recipe no-bake recipe.
- Sweet cake batter flavors
- Can easily be pre-portioned.
- Colorful with lots of fun sprinkles
- Prep takes just about 5 minutes.
Cake Mix - For this dessert dip you’ll want to use Funfetti Cake Mix.
Whipped Topping - I use Cool Whip. But any store brand whipped topping will do.
Yogurt. You can use traditional yogurt or Greek Yogurt. I just prefer the consistency of Greek yogurt. Instead of plain yogurt, I use vanilla. The boost of vanilla flavor is delicious.
Sprinkles - Since there’re already sprinkles in the Funfetti cake mix, you don’t really need extra. But I have to ask … can there ever be enough sprinkles? Add a handful of rainbow sprinkles.
How To Make A Dunkaroo Dip
Recipe Success Tips
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Optionally, add a handful of rainbow sprinkles.
This isn’t just an easy cake batter dip, but it’s also a versatile recipe.
Chocolate Cake Dip. To make this version simply swap the Funfetti cake mix with German Chocolate Cake mix. Instead of sprinkles, add a handful of chocolate chips.
Lemon Cake Dip. To make this lemony Cake Dip look for Super Moist Lemon Cake mix. In this case, I recommend using plain Greek Yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.
Strawberry Cake Dip. Use a strawberry-flavored mix for this version of the cake dip. If you’re feeling fancy, add a handful of very finely diced fresh strawberries. And of course, rainbow sprinkles are a must.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Simple Recipes
- German Strawberry Torte - refreshing German strawberry dessert with a vanilla pudding filling
- PB & J Bars - a classic flavor combination reimagined as a delicious dessert bar
- Butterball Cookies - you can't just eat one
- Easy Bee Sting Cake - easy recipe of a classic German dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars - delicious dessert bars perfect for summer picnics
- In a large bowl combine cool whip, Greek yogurt, and Funfetti cake mix. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
Ideas For Dipping
- Animal Crackers
- Graham Crackers
- sliced Strawberries
- Apple slices