Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a delicious, easy-to-make cold, creamy pasta salad.
It’s the perfect side dish for barbecues, potlucks, and cookouts. It has all the ingredients everybody loves: crispy bacon, creamy ranch, cheese, and tender pasta.
Enjoy this salad recipe with our delicious and refreshing homemade Ranch Dressing.
Do you know the feeling of not really knowing what to cook even though your fridge is full? The Bacon Ranch Pasta salad is a great recipe for days when you just don’t know what to cook.
This salad works as a lunch salad or as a side salad for dinner. Besides that, it’s also a fan favorite on any party buffet table. From potlucks to barbecues to family or social gatherings – it’s always a crowd pleaser.
What You’ll Need to Make Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
This recipe comes together as easy as 1-2-3.
Chances are that you don’t even have to go shopping for this recipe. All the ingredients are staples in many homes.
PASTA – Use your preferred shortcut pasta. I use orecchiette, but other short pasta cuts like penne, fusilli, or elbow macaroni work well.
TOPPINGS – bacon, cherry Tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), black olives
CHEESE – Mild Cheddar is perfect for this pasta salad. You can shred or cube the cheese according to your own preferences.
SALAD DRESSING – Mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, dry Ranch dressing mix. When I use a dry Ranch Mix to make Ranch dressing, I like to use the Hidden Valley Ranch mix.
You can also use my homemade Ranch Dressing recipe if you have time to chop some fresh herbs. It takes this salad to the next level. However, even with the dry mix, it’s a delicious cold pasta salad.
How To This Cold Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instruction. Use cold water to chill the pasta and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in the oven for 18 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Start prepping the salad dressing.
Making An Easy Ranch Dressing
- Combine Ranch mix, milk, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Chill pasta and set aside.
- Pat dry the bacon and tear it into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a large bowl to combine bacon, peas, tomatoes, olives, and cheddar cheese and add the chilled pasta.
- Add the dressing to the pasta salad and toss to coat.
How long does pasta salad last in the fridge?
You can keep this salad for 3 to 5 days in the fridge. Simply store it in an airtight glass container like this one.
More Simple Pasta Salads
- Amish Macaroni Salad
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit and cook the bacon for 18 minutes. Once cooked, pat dry the bacon and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the pasta in well-salted water according to the package instructions. Chill with cold water and set aside.
- Combine dry Ranch dressing dip, mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk and whisk until well combined.
PUTTING THE SALAD TOGETHER
- Combine pasta, peas, tomatoes, olives, bacon, and cheddar cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Add the dressing and combine well.