Broccoli Pasta Salad is easy to make and combines delicious flavors and interesting textures.
Crunchy broccoli and bacon are combined with tender pasta and a creamy dressing. It makes eating your veggies a breeze!
And you like cold pasta salads, like the Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, this salad is for you. It works as a side salad for dinner, a satisfying lunch salad, and holds up great on any buffet table.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
PASTA – Fusilli or penne grabs onto the dressing so every bite is tasty. Plus, it's fun to eat!
BROCCOLI – Adds a big crunch and is great for you.
GRAPES – They pop in your mouth and make the salad sweet.
DRIED CRANBERRIES – They're optional, but toss them in for a chewy treat.
RED ONION – Gives a sharp bite that balances out the sweet.
BACON – It's bacon! It makes everything better with its smoky crunch.
How To Make Broccoli Pasta Salad
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- BACON - Heat oven to 400º Fahrenheit, line a tray with foil, bake bacon until crisp (15-18 minutes), then chop.
- PASTA - Cook pasta al dente, rinse with cold water.
- VEGGIES - Chop broccoli, onion, and halve grapes.
- COMBINE - Whisk sour cream, mayo, vinegar, and sugar for dressing; toss with pasta, veggies, and bacon.
But if you like broccoli to be softer, simply add the broccoli to the boiling pasta water for about one minute right before the pasta is done. This cuts down on pot clean-up!
Frequently Asked Quesitons
Can You Make The Broccoli Pasta Salad The Day Before?
Yes. This salad will keep perfectly overnight. Unlike a leafy salad, the ingredients of the Broccoli Pasta Salad will hold up great. If you plan to store this dish for a second meal, set some bacon aside to stay crispy. When you are ready to serve the leftovers, add those crispy bacon pieces.
How long does cold pasta salad last in the fridge?
Cold pasta salad can last up to 5 days in the fridge. And while you can certainly do that, I recommend enjoying this salad within the first two days. And if your house is anything like ours, you don't have to worry about leftovers if bacon is involved.
Can you heat cold pasta salad?
You could quickly put the salad into the microwave. But I prefer to take it out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before we eat. This allows the cold pasta salad to rise to room temperature slowly. And if you warm it up in the microwave, do it for a few seconds. To take the chill out.
How do you store cold pasta salad like the Broccoli Pasta Salad?
Glass storage containers like these work best. They are more environmentally friendly than plastic; you don't have to worry about unwanted plastic substances leaking into your leftovers. I have slowly started to replace all plastic food storage containers. But if you prefer plastic containers, I've used this brand for years, and the containers have held up very well. They are also BPA-free.
More Easy And Delicious Pasta Salad Recipe
SEAFOOD PASTA SALAD - It's a colorful mix of ingredients and delicious, tangy dressing that'll have everyone coming back for seconds.
BIG MAC SALAD - a fun twist on a classic fast-food favorite right at your own home
TUNA PASTA SALAD - Sweet and savory high protein pasta salad.
DILL PICKLE PASTA SALAD - Tender pasta, crunchy dill pickles, sweet apple, and crunchy onions are tossed in a creamy dill pickle dressing.
AMISH MACARONI SALAD - Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks.
Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Bake the bacon for 15-18 minutes or until crispy. After the bacon is cooked, chop it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Boil water and cook the pasta according the instructions. Once cooked run cold water over the pasta. Set aside
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces, halve the grapes, and dice the red onion.
- For the dressing, combine the sour cream, mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Combine cooked pasta, bacon, broccoli, grapes, cranberries, and red onions in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and combine will. Enjoy