This rich, gooey, and cheesy Tater Tot Casserole with Turkey Meatballs is the perfect is quick and easy to make. Perfect for a delicious weeknight comfort food dinner.
Combine crispy tater tots, turkey meatballs, and creamy Alfredo sauce in a casserole dish. Top it with Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese, and bake it for 25 minutes.
TATER TOTS - We like to use the 365 Everyday Value Tater Puffs brand. At Trader Joe's, look for 'Trader Potato Tots'; they're also very good.
TURKEY MEATBALLS - Use frozen meatballs like these. Or quickly make your own with this amazing, gluten-free Turkey Meatball Recipe.
ALFREDO SAUCE - Use this easy, classic, homemade Alfredo sauce recipe. Or if you're pressed for time, use this store-bought Alfredo Sauce.
CHEESE - For this dish, use a sharp Cheddar cheese like this one and combine it with whole milk Mozzarella cheese.
Adding Mozzarella to the casserole dishes adds an extra layer of flavor. And it's also a cheese that melts beautifully, resulting in a great-looking casserole dish.
How To Make Tater Tot Turkey Meatball Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large casserole dish and arrange turkey meatballs and tater tots. Pour your favorite Alfredo cheese sauce over the tater tots and meatballs.
- Top with shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese turns golden brown.
Recipe Success Tips
TIME-SAVING TIPS - Using store-bought turkey meatballs and store-bought Alfredo sauce will cut down on prep time.
CHEESE - Shred the cheese yourself! You'll save money and get better flavor! A package of store-bought shredded cheese usually contains fillers. For better flavor and texture, buy your cheese in a block and grate it yourself.
You can easily keep the casserole in the fridge for 3-4 days. I like this casserole dish because it comes with a lid which makes it a breeze to store in the fridge. To reheat the casserole, pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
More Classic Comfort Food Ideas
- Fried German Cabbage Noodles
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Roasted Lemon Chicken over Pasta
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
Tater Tot Casserole with Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound Turkey Meatballs
- 16 ounces Tater Tots
- 15 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Grease a glass-proof oven casserole dish.
- Arrange turkey meatballs and tater tots in a large casserole dish. Add Alfredo sauce and top with shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the edges are turning golden brown.
Hi There, I’m Maike!
A German girl turned American sharing hundreds of easy, homemade comfort food recipes perfect for everyday cooking.
I love a good, easy recipe. And I'm sure most people would love this casserole!
That's what you call comfort food! Quick, easy, my kids would be all over it!
I bet leftover make for the best ever brunch/breakfast! This looks so good and I love that you are using turkey, my favorite source of protein!
I can already see me enjoying this over the weekend. This casserole recipe is just too good not to try it. Yum!
This looks like the ultimate comfort meal. I make homemade turkey meatballs all the time for spaghetti, definitely going to make it for this next time!