This rich, gooey, and cheesy Tater Tot Casserole with Turkey Meatballs is the perfect is quick and easy to make. Perfect for a delicious weeknight comfort food dinner.
What You’ll Need To Make This Casserole
TATER TOTS – We like to use the 365 Everyday Value Tater Puffs brand. At Trader Joe’s look for ‘Trader Potato Tots’, they’re also very good.
CHEESE – For this dish, use a sharp Cheddar cheese like this one and combine it with whole milk Mozzarella cheese.
Adding Mozzarella to the casserole dishes adds an extra layer of flavor. And it’s also a cheese that melts beautifully resulting in a great looking casserole dish
How To Make This Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large casserole dish and arrange turkey meatballs and tater tots. Pour your favorite Alfredo cheese sauce over the tater tots and meatballs.
- Top with shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese turns golden brown.
Tips for making This Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
TIME-SAVING TIPS – Using storebought turkey meatballs and storebought Alfredo sauce will cut down on prep time.
CHEESE – Shred the cheese yourself! You’ll save money and get better flavor! A package of store-bought shredded cheese usually contains fillers. For better flavor and texture, buy your cheese in a block and grate it yourself.
How To Store this Tater Tot Casserole Dish?
You can easily keep the casserole in the fridge for 3-4 days. I like this casserole dish because it comes with a lid which makes it a breeze to store in the fridge. To reheat the casserole simply pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
More Classic Comfort Food
- Fried German Cabbage Noodles
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Roasted Lemon Chicken over Pasta
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
Tater Tot Casserole with Turkey Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Grease a glass-proof oven casserole dish.
- Arrange turkey meatballs and tater tots in a large casserole dish. Add Alfredo sauce and top with shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the edges are turning golden brown.