Our homemade Alfredo Sauce is an easy garlic parmesan sauce. It’s perfect for pasta or casseroles like the Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta.
This simple white sauce takes less than 20 minutes to make and taste so much better than the store-bought varieties.
You can use this creamy classic Alfredo sauce not just for pasta. But also for vegetables, chicken, seafood and homemade casseroles.
This simple recipe takes very little time and effort. And you don’t have to worry any about additives or preservatives.
Making recipes from scratch doesn’t have to be tedious or take a long time. Very often it’s just a matter of whisking up a few basic ingredients.
Boil some linguini or spaghetti pasta, quickly prepare broiled salmon. Top everything with this delicious cheese sauce and you have perfect restaurant-like comfort food in 30 minutes or less. SO GOOD!
- Butter. In our house, we are partial to this butter!
- Garlic Cloves
- Heavy Cream
- Egg Yolk. Save the egg white and use it as a base for a quick omelet the next day.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese. Using a block of fresh parmesan is better and cheaper than buying the pre-packaged cheese.
How To Make Alfredo Sauce
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add minced garlic and sauté until tender.
- Next, add heavy cream and simmer over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and whisk until the cheese has melted.
- Add one egg yolk and continue to simmer the cheese sauce for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
More Delicious Dish
- Pear and Mascarpone Pasta
- Pesto and Cauliflower Gnocchi Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom and Black Bean Pasta
- Ranch Dressing
Classic Alfredo Sauce
- Use a large skillet to melt the butter and sauté the minced garlic until is tender.
- Add heavy cream and simmer over medium until the cream for heated and bubbling.
- Then add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese into the mixture. Whisk frequently until the Parmesan cheese has melted into the sauce. Add one egg yolk and continue to simmer for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over your favorite comfort food.