If you're looking for the perfect morning pick-me-up or a tasty afternoon snack, these Strawberry Streusel Muffins will hit the spot.
Our muffins are packed with sweet strawberries, a light and airy muffin base, and finished with a delicious crumb topping. With the perfect balance of sweet and fruity, these delicious muffins are sure to be a hit!
Best of all, these foolproof muffins are ready to eat in about 45 minutes! Perfect for breakfast, a quick midday snack, or an after-dinner treat.
Celebrate strawberry season with these easy Strawberry Crumb Muffins.
Why This Strawberry Muffin Recipe Works
EASY - This recipe is simple and perfect for beginners in the kitchen.
TASTY - Sweet strawberries and crunchy streusel topping create a delicious flavor and texture.
SHARABLE - These muffins are ideal for sharing with friends and family at gatherings or events.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
STRAWBERRIES - Chopped strawberries provide a juicy, fruity burst in each bite, making the muffins extra tasty.
MILK - Milk adds moisture to the muffins, making them soft and tender.
OIL - Vegetable oil helps create a fluffy texture and keeps the muffins from becoming too dry.
FLOUR - All-purpose flour is the main structure of the muffins, holding everything together.
BAKING POWDER - Gives our muffins their rise.
SALT - A pinch of salt enhances the flavors of the other ingredients and balances the sweetness.
SUGAR - It's noteworthy that we'll use brown and white sugar for the crumb topping. There are two main reasons why I like to do that: flavor and texture.
Brown sugar has a deep, caramel-like flavor, while white sugar has a more neutral sweetness. Combining the two creates a balanced and rich taste in the crumb topping.
Brown sugar adds a slight moisture to the topping, making it softer, while white sugar contributes to a crispier texture. The combination of the two sugars results in a crumb topping with the perfect balance of crunchiness and tenderness.
How To Make These Strawberry Muffins With A Streusel Topping
- CRUMBS - Melt butter. Combine melted butter with flour, brown, and granulated sugars. Set aside.
- BATTER - Beat milk, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat until well combined. Fold in diced strawberries.
- BAKE - Spoon batter evenly into a lined muffin tin. Top generously with crumb topping. Bake at 375º Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness.
DONENESS CHECK - If the toothpick comes out clean, you're done. Otherwise, return the muffins to the oven and continue to bake. Check in three-minute intervals.
STORE - Keep the muffins in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature.
FREEZE - You can also freeze them without any issues. I recommend wrapping each strawberry crumb muffin individually in plastic wrap. Store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag in your freezer for at least 3 months.
REHEAT - A quick 20-30 seconds in the microwave will bring these muffins back to life. If you've frozen them, let them thaw at room temperature before reheating.
How To Choose The Best Strawberries
- Choose strawberries that have a deep, even red color.
- Make sure to check the bottom of the container to make sure there are no mushy or even moldy strawberries.
- Storing Strawberries: Wash the strawberries and allow them to dry. Cover with paper towels and store in a glass container in the fridge. They will keep fresh for several days.
Note: There is a school of thought not to wash the strawberries until used. Instead, wrap them unwashed in a paper towel.
As of 2020, I no longer feel comfortable doing that. And I have since adjusted my storage practice. First wash, then dry, and store. It works great.
Recipe Success Tips
Although this is a very easy recipe to make, a few tips can help you have great muffins.
- Don't overwork the batter. That's probably the biggest tip. You want to make sure that the flour is incorporated, but you don't have to worry about every little lump.
- A great-looking muffin should have a golden brown top. The inside should be moist and somewhat flaky and have a consistent texture in every bite.
- Melted butter results in smaller, more evenly-looking crumbs, which are perfect for this type of muffin. If you use room-temperature butter, you will get crumbs with a greater variety of sizes.
More Easy And Delicious Sweet Treats
BLUEBERRY CLASSIC - soft, most tender, and moist muffins
STRUDEL COOKIES - they look so sweet and delicate and are SIMPLE to make
CINNAMON TWISTS - Sugar-sweet treat.
GLAZED LEMON SHEET CAKE - When life gives you lemons, start baking!
APRICOT TART - 4 ingredients. And if you don't have fresh apricots, swap them for apples. SO EASY and so IMPRESSIVE looking!
Please take a moment to rate our Strawberry Streusel Muffins recipe below!
Strawberry Streusel Muffins
For The Crumb Topping
For The Batter
- 1½ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Fill a muffin tin with paper cups or grease the muffin with shortening.
For The Crumb
- Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. Combine flour, brown and granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add melted butter. Use a spoon or hand mixer to combine until crumbs form.
Making The Batter
- In a seperate large mixing bowl combine milk, oil, and eggs and beat on medium speed until well combined. Spoon in flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Fold strawberries into the batter. Distribute batter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Top generously with crumb topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to insert for doneness.