These made from scratch Strawberry Muffins have it all. A flaky evenly textured inside with refreshing, juicy strawberries that are topped with an easy streusel crumble crust. Perfect for summer.
Best of all these foolproof muffins are ready for eating in just about 45 minutes! Perfect for breakfast, a quick midday snack, or an after-dinner treat.
Celebrate strawberry season with these easy Strawberry Crumb Muffins.
What You'll Need
📌 PIN THE STRAWBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
HERE TO SAVE FOR LATER!
How To Make It
This strawberry muffin recipe is as easy to make as 1-2-3.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Add muffin cups into the muffin tins or grease the tin.
MAKING THE CRUMB TOPPING
- Melt butter. In a small bowl combine melted butter with flour, brown, and granulated sugars.
- Use an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until the dough turns into small crumbles. Set aside.
MAKING THE BATTER
- Combine milk, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until the wet ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon in flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed until dry ingredients have been combined.
- Gently fold fresh strawberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into each each cup.
- Top generously with crumb topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness.
If the toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean, you're done. Otherwise, return to the oven and continue to bake, checking in three-minute intervals.
How To Store It
These muffins will keep covered for 2-3 days without problems.
But you can also freeze them without any issues. I recommend wrapping each strawberry crumb muffin individually in plastic wrap. Store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag in your freezer for at least 3 months.
How To Choose The Best Strawberries
- Choose strawberries that have a deep, even, red color.
- Make sure to check the bottom of the container to make sure there are no mushy, or even moldy strawberries.
- Storing Strawberries: Wash the strawberries and allow to dry. Cover with paper towels and store in a glass containers in the fridge. They will keep fresh for several days.
Note: There is a school of thought not to wash the strawberries until use. And instead, wrap them unwashed in a paper towel.
As of 2020 I no longer feel comfortable doing that. And I have since adjusted my storage practice. First wash, then dry, and store. It works great.
Tips for Success
Although this is a very easy recipe to make. A few tips can help you have really great muffins.
- Don't overwork the batter. That's probably the biggest tip. You want to make sure that the flour is incorporated, but you don't have to worry about every little lump.
- A great looking muffin should have a golden brown top. The inside should be moist and somewhat flaky and have a consistent texture in every bite.
- Melting the butter results in smaller, more evenly looking crumbs which is perfect for this type of muffin. If you use room temperature butter, you will get crumbs that have a greater variety of size.
Craving More Sweet Treats. Try This:
- Key Lime Cookies - refreshing summer cookies
- Strudel Cookies - they look so sweet and delicate and are really SIMPLE to make
- Cinnamon Twists - Sugar sweet treat.
- Glazed Lemon Sheet Cake - When life gives you lemons start baking!
- Apricot Tart - 4 ingredients. And if you don't have fresh apricots, swap them for apples. SO EASY and so IMPRESSIVE looking!
Did you enjoy our Strawberry Crumble Muffins? Please a rating and a comment below!
Strawberry Streusel Muffins
For The Crumb Topping
For The Batter
- 1½ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Fill a muffin tin with paper cups or grease the muffin with shortening.
For The Crumb
- Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. Combine flour, brown and granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add melted butter. Use a spoon or hand mixer to combine until crumbs form.
Making The Batter
- In a seperate large mixing bowl combine milk, oil, and eggs and beat on medium speed until well combined. Spoon in flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Fold strawberries into the batter. Distribute batter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Top generously with crumb topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to insert for doneness.