Impress your guests with a fancy looking individual Apricot Tart. Imagine the flakey, buttery, puff pastry melting in your mouth. Now add in the richness of maple syrup combined with soft apricots. These fruit tarts are incredible.
With just four ingredients, you’ll be able to make pastries that look like they are straight from a fancy bakery. The key is that they are incredibly EASY to make.
You can enjoy them plain or make them extra special by adding some mint whipped cream.
About Apricot Tarts
You’ll often find this pastry in German bakeries even though technically it’s not a classic German pastry.
What You’ll Need
4 Ingredients! That it.
PUFF PASTRY – One sheet of puff pastry. This one is our favorite brand for puff pastry.
Fresh APRICOTS – fresh, sliced apricots, lightly soft so it’s easy to remove the pits.
SUGAR – I used the opportunity to use some of my fancy demerara sugar, but granulated or brown sugar will work, too.
MAPLE SYRUP – You can also use honey or agave syrup.
How To Make Apricot Tart
This tart is one of the easiest baked dessert recipes you’ll ever find.
Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Cut the fresh apricots in half, remove the pits, and slice. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or a Silpat)
Making The Tarts
- Defrost the puff pastry. Unfold the puff pastry. Use a sharp knife and cut the pastry into six equally sized rectangles.
- Use a toothpick or fork to prick holes into the puff pastry dough. Top each rectangle with sliced apricots. Leave bout 1/4 – 1/2″ border all around. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 425° Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for an additional 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe Success Tips
Experiment with different kinds of fruit.
Sliced apples (sprinkled with cinnamon of course!) or pears are great alternative toppings.
But you can also make this recipe with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. Or even a combination of berries.
Instead of slicing the puff pastry dough into six rectangles, cut smaller rectangles. This is perfect if you’re looking to make a bite-sized dessert treats.
How To Serve These Tarts
You can enjoy these tarts as is. Serve them warm or at room temperature. You can also serve them with ice cream. A warm slice of apricot tart with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream will put a smile on everyone’s face.
Craving more Baked Treats? Try these…
- Cherry Crumble
- Key Lime Cookies
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Old-fashioned Cherry Cake
- Glazed Lemon Sheet Cake
- Defrost the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, core, and slice the apricots.
Making The Apricot Tarts
- Unfold the puff pastry. Use a sharp knife and cut the puff pastry sheet into 6 equally-sized pieces. Use a toothpick and prick the puff pastry several times with a toothpick or a fork.
- Transfer puff pastry rectangles onto the baking sheet. Top each piece with sliced apricots. Be sure to leave ¼- ½" border. Sprinkle fruit with sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 425° Fahrenheit. Remove the tarts from the oven and drizzle each tart with maple syrup. Turn the baking sheet 180° degrees and bake for another 13-15 minutes.