Get ready to impress your friends and family with this delectable homemade Pistachio Ice Cream that will leave everyone craving for seconds!
With a combination of instant pistachio pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk, this no-churn ice cream recipe is easy to make and a guaranteed hit.
Why This Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe Works
EASY - This no-churn homemade ice cream recipe requires no special equipment, like an ice cream maker or food processor, making it simple and achievable for home cooks of all skill levels.
FLAVOR - The combination of sweet and salty elements, thanks to the sweetened condensed milk and salted pistachios, create a well-rounded and satisfying taste profile.
TEXTURE - The whipped cream adds lightness and airiness to the ice cream, resulting in a luscious, melt-in-your-mouth experience.
CUSTOMIZABLE - The recipe can easily be adjusted by adding different mix-ins or garnishes, such as chocolate chips or crushed cookies, allowing for personalization and creativity.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
PISTACHIO PUDDING MIX - The instant pistachio pudding mix not only imparts a delightful pistachio flavor but also helps thicken the ice cream base for a creamier texture.
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK - Sweetened condensed milk adds a rich, velvety sweetness to the ice cream, enhancing its smooth and luscious mouthfeel.
WHIPPED CREAM - Heavy cream, when beaten to stiff peaks, creates a light and airy texture, making the ice cream irresistibly fluffy and creamy.
PISTACHIOS - The salted pistachios provide a delicious crunch and a hint of salt, perfectly complementing the sweet and nutty flavors in the ice cream.
I buy salted roasted pistachios from Trader Joe's (Trader Joe's Raw Pistachio Nutmeats Halves and Pieces). If you're using shelled pistachio, make sure to chop them. Depending on what consistency you prefer, you can also quickly blitz them in a blender.
TIP - You can also add a couple of teaspoons of vanilla extract or almond extract to the mixture. It adds a delicious twist, but it is not vital for the recipe execution.
How To Make No-Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Mix pistachio pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into the pistachio mixture. Stir in chopped salted pistachios.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
Recipe Success Tips
Use a freezer-safe container - Choose a container that is both airtight and safe for freezing, as this will prevent ice crystals from forming on the surface of the ice cream.
Don't overmix - When folding the whipped cream into the pistachio mixture, be gentle and avoid overmixing. Overmixing can deflate the whipped cream, resulting in a denser, less airy ice cream.
Soften - Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping. This will make it easier to serve and enhance its creamy texture.
ICE CREAM SUNDAES - Create a pistachio ice cream sundae by adding your favorite toppings like hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry on top.
MILKSHAKES/FLOATES - Blend the pistachio ice cream with milk for a delicious milkshake, or use it in a float by adding a scoop to a glass of cold soda or sparkling water.
ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - Place a scoop of pistachio ice cream between two cookies, such as chocolate chip or almond cookies, and gently press to form an ice cream sandwich.
GARNISH OPTIONS - Get creative with garnishes by adding a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, a sprinkle of crushed pistachio cookies, or even a dusting of edible gold leaf for an extra touch of indulgence.
AIRTIGHT CONTAINER - Transfer any leftover ice cream into an airtight, freezer-safe container. A container with a tight-fitting lid is ideal for preventing ice crystals from forming and preserving the ice cream's texture and flavor.
TIP: Avoid temperature fluctuations. Store the ice cream towards the back of the freezer, where the temperature remains more consistent. Avoid placing it near the door, where it may be exposed to temperature fluctuations each time the freezer is opened.
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like
DUNAKAROO DIP - Funfetti-flavored dessert you can whip up in 5 minutes.
NO-BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE - Experience the zesty and creamy goodness of this refreshing dessert filled with a luscious lemon filling and a crumbly graham cracker crust that's simply irresistible!
PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE - a heavenly tropical treat with juicy pineapple chunks baked to perfection with a buttery cake topping.
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE - a rich, creamy chocolate filling and a buttery chocolate crust that melts in your mouth
Did you try our recipe?
Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 box (3.4 ounce package) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup pistachios salted
- In a big bowl, mix together the pistachio pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk until it's smooth with no lumps. Put it aside for now.
- In another bowl, pour in the whipping cream. Use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat it until it forms stiff peaks, which should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine the mixtures: Carefully fold the whipped cream into the pistachio mix without overmixing. Keep folding until everything is well blended and smooth.
- Mix in the pistachios, making sure they're spread evenly throughout the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a container that's safe for the freezer, like a loaf pan or a container with a lid. Smooth the top with a spatula or spoon. Cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid to stop ice crystals from forming.
- Keep the ice cream in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or better yet, overnight, until it's firm and keeps its shape.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes to soften a bit. Scoop it into bowls or cones, and enjoy your homemade pistachio ice cream with salted pistachios!
Leave a Reply