Looking for a quick and easy appetizer that's packed with flavor? Try this easy cheesy Rotel Dip recipe!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, including ground beef, Rotel tomatoes, and creamy Velveeta cheese, this dip is quick to prepare and perfect for serving with tortilla chips or crackers.
Why This Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe Works
EASE - It's quick and easy to prepare with just a few simple ingredients.
TASTE & TEXTURE - This dip is creamy and flavorful, with spice from the Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
CROWD-PLEASER - It's perfect for serving at parties, potlucks, or game day.
CUSTOMIZABLE - The dip can be customized to your liking by adding ground beef, using different types of cheese, or adjusting the level of spice.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
ROTEL - Adds a tangy and spicy kick to the dip and provides a fresh and juicy texture.
CHEESE - Velveeta cheese provides a rich and creamy base for the dip, helping to create a smooth and velvety texture
BEEF - Ground beef extra protein and texture to the dip while also enhancing its flavor with a savory and meaty taste. You can also try to make the dip with ground pork. '
You can also make a delicious Rotel Dip using pork sausage (use hot sausage or mild sausage), ground chicken, or ground turkey.
Add a can of black beans if you want to add some protein to the dip quickly.
CHEESY SPINACH DIP - Warm spinach dip is a delicious appetizer made with spinach, cream cheese, and various seasonings, perfect for dipping crackers, bread, or vegetables.
How To Make A Rotel Dip
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- BROWN - ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until cooked and no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- STIR - Add the Rotel tomatoes and stir to combine with the ground beef.
- MELT - Add the cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until melted and combined. Heat the dip over low heat until bubbly.
If desired, garnish with green onions.
Recipe Success Tips
To keep your cheesy Rotel Dip warm throughout your event, transfer the dip to a slow cooker or a chafing dish after cooking.
For a SLOW COOKER/CROCKPOT
- Set the slow cooker to the "warm" setting.
- Stir the dip occasionally to ensure even heating and to prevent sticking to the bottom.
For a CHAFING DISH
- Place the dip in the chafing dish and cover it with a lid.
- Light a chafing fuel canister beneath the dish to maintain a gentle heat.
- Stir the dip occasionally to distribute heat evenly.
Both methods will help maintain the dip's creamy texture and ensure it remains warm and delicious for your guests.
Serve your Cheesy Rotel Dip with a variety of dippers and sides to complement its rich, savory flavors.
CRACKERS - Choose from plain, whole grain, or flavored options.
FRESH VEGETABLES - Bell peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or cucumber rounds provide a refreshing crunch.
PRETZELS - Either sticks or twists work well for dipping.
BREAD - Toasted baguette slices or chunks of crusty bread add heartiness.
PITA CHIPS - These sturdy chips can hold up to the thick dip.
CORN CHIPS - Fritos or similar corn-based chips add extra flavor and texture.
Feel free to mix and match these options to suit your guests' preferences and create a satisfying appetizer spread.
STORE - To store Rotel Dip, transfer any remaining dip to an airtight container or cover the original container with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the container in the refrigerator, and it will keep for up to 3 days.
REHEAT - To reheat the dip, transfer it to a microwave-safe dish and heat it in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the dip is heated through and bubbly. You can also reheat the dip on the stovetop over low heat, constantly stirring, until heated through.
FREEZE - While it's technically possible to freeze Rotel Dip with Velveeta cheese and ground beef, it's not recommended as the texture may change after thawing and reheating. The cheese can become grainy, and the dip may become watery or separate.
It's best to consume Rotel Dip with Velveeta cheese and ground beef within a few days of making it for optimal flavor and texture.
More Dip Recipes You Might Like
FRENCH ONION DIP - A savory appetizer combining sour cream, caramelized onions, and seasonings, often enjoyed with chips or vegetables.
HOT CRAB DIP - is a baked, creamy appetizer with crabmeat, cream cheese, and seasonings.
DILL DIP - Great for dipping everything from your favorite veggies, crackers, and chips.
SHRIMP DIP - Deliciously creamy dip with a perfect combination of savory and zesty flavors.
Did you try our recipe?
Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 16 ounce Velveeta cheese cubed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks, until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease
- Add the can of undrained Rotel tomatoes and the cubed Velveeta cheese to the skillett with the cooked ground beef. Stir to combine.
- Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and fully combined with the beef and tomato mixture. If desired, add the red pepper flakes for a spicy kick. Stir well to distribute the pepper flakes evenly throughout the dip.
- Once the cheese is completely melted and the ingredients are well combined, remove the skillet from the heat.
Leave a Reply