You won't believe the incredible flavor of our Roasted Frozen Broccoli, turning a simple vegetable into a delightful treat!
The secret lies in tossing frozen broccoli with a perfect blend of olive oil and spices and finishing with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Why This Frozen Roasted Broccoli Recipe Works
BUDGET-FRIENDLY - Frozen vegetables are often cheaper than fresh veggies.
CONVENIENT - You can have this tasty dish any time since frozen vegetables are available year-round!
NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS - You're serving a healthy, vitamin-packed side that also tastes amazing! And frozen veggies are just as healthy as fresh ones.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
FROZEN BROCCOLI - A healthy, tasty, and convenient vegetable option you probably always have in your freezer.
OLIVE OIL - Helps the broccoli roast to perfection and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
GARLIC POWDER - Adds a savory depth of flavor that elevates the dish.
ONION POWDER - Complements the garlic powder to give the broccoli a rich, full-bodied taste.
FRESH LEMON JUICE - Offers a tangy freshness that balances the savory flavors and brightens the overall dish.
GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE - Gives the dish a satisfying, salty finish and adds a layer of delicious complexity.
How To Make Roasted Frozen Broccoli
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Toss frozen broccoli florets with extra virgin olive oil and spices in a big bowl.
- Spread the broccoli evenly on a sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Roast for an additional 5 minutes, and then serve and enjoy!
TIP: Season last with salt and pepper. You might even find that the Parmesan cheese has enough flavor and skip salt and pepper altogether.
Recipe Success Tips
SPREAD IT OUT - Place the frozen broccoli pieces in a single layer on your baking sheet. Overlapping can lead to steaming rather than roasting.
USE OIL - Toss the frozen broccoli in oil before roasting. This aids in browning and crisping.
FLIP HALFWAY - Turn the broccoli pieces midway through cooking. It promotes even roasting and browning.
FINISH WITH CHEESE - Sprinkle cheese on the broccoli right after it comes out of the oven. The residual heat will melt the cheese perfectly.
AS A SIDE DISH - Pair this broccoli with almost any main course! It goes great with grilled chicken, steak, fish (like our super simple Broiled Salmon), pasta, or hearty grains like quinoa or brown rice.
PIZZA & FLATBREADS - Use the roasted broccoli as a nutritious topping for your homemade pizzas or flatbreads.
SANDWICHES OR WRAPS - Chop it up and use it as a filling for wraps or sandwiches. It pairs particularly well with melted cheese and a bit of hot sauce.
IN GRAIN BOWLS - Stack this broccoli in grain bowls along with other roasted vegetables, a protein like tofu or chicken, and a sauce that you love. If you live in or around New York, Connecticut, or Massachusetts - think DIG!!!
STORE - You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE - This dish is best enjoyed fresh, and I don't recommend freezing it due to texture changes.
REHEAT - Roast leftovers in a preheated oven at 350° Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes or until warm.
More Easy and Delicious Side Dishes
ROASTED POTATOES AND CARROTS - A delightful mix of sweet and spicy caramelized potatoes and carrots.
GREEN BEANS AND BACON - A tasty mix of crunchy bacon and soft green beans creates a yummy and flavorful side.
POTATO PANCAKES - A classic German recipe that can be a main or side dish.
RED CABBAGE - Crunch into sweet, tangy, vibrant red cabbage to elevate your meals!
ROASTED BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER - Relish the crisp, flavor-packed combo of two roasted fresh broccoli and cauliflower topped with parmesan cheese!
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES - Add a tasty twist with this simple yet flavorful roasted tomato recipe perfected with honey-thyme glaze.
Please take a moment to rate our Roasted Frozen Broccoli recipe below!
Roasted Frozen Broccoli
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take the frozen broccoli, separate any clumps, and put them in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder. Toss everything together until the broccoli is well-coated.
- Spread out the seasoned broccoli evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the broccoli roast for about 20-25 minutes until it's golden brown and crispy. Turn the broccoli pieces halfway through the roasting process.
- Once done, squeeze fresh lemon juice and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese. Roast for an additional 5 minutes. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve it hot, and enjoy!