Add a tasty twist to your meal with this simple yet incredibly flavorful Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Honey-Thyme Glaze.
The magic comes from a blend of juicy cherry tomatoes, a touch of garlic, and a homemade honey-thyme glaze, creating an unforgettable side dish bursting with flavor.
Reasons Why You'll Love Roasting Tomatoes
EASY TO PREPARE - This recipe involves simple steps that even beginners can follow, making it perfect for quick dinners or last-minute gatherings.
HEALTHY - Packed with vitamins and antioxidants from the tomatoes and using olive oil, a heart-healthy fat, this dish is not just delicious but also good for you.
IMPRESSIVE YET SIMPLE - Despite its straightforward preparation, the end result looks and tastes like a gourmet dish, sure to impress your family and guests.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
CHERRY TOMATOES - Roasting tomatoes (and other vegetables) increases their natural sweetness. And these tomatoes turn into little flavor bombs.
While this recipe is about cherry tomatoes, you can also use grape tomatoes.
GARLIC - Adds a depth of flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the tomatoes and honey.
OLIVE OIL - Helps to roast the tomatoes evenly and enhances the overall flavor of the dish. I recommend using extra virgin olive oil.
HONEY - Gives the dish a sweet counterpoint to the savory garlic and tangy tomatoes.
THYME - For this recipe, I strongly recommend using fresh herbs. Fresh thyme adds an aromatic, earthy tone that complements the sweetness of the tomatoes and honey.
LEMON - The juice and zest add a tangy contrast to the sweet and savory flavors and brighten the overall taste.
RED PEPPER FLAKES - Don't skip these, as they will add a bit of heat to balance the sweet and savory elements.
BASIL LEAVES - Used as a garnish, they add a fresh, peppery touch that finishes the dish nicely.
How To Make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- ROAST TOMATOES - Coat cherry tomatoes and garlic in olive oil, season, and roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 400° Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- MAKE GLAZE - Heat honey, thyme, lemon zest, juice, and optional red pepper flakes.
- GLAZE TOMATOES - Drizzle tomatoes with glaze, toss, and roast for 5-10 more minutes.
- SERVE - Cool slightly, garnish with basil, and serve as desired.
Recipe Success Tips
DON'T OVERCROWD THE PAN - Make sure the tomatoes have space on the baking sheet to roast properly and not steam.
USE FRESH INGREDIENTS - Fresh cherry tomatoes and herbs will give you the best flavor.
ADJUST TO TASTE - Feel free to adjust the amount of honey, lemon, and red pepper flakes in the glaze to suit your taste.
KEEP AN EYE ON THEM - Check the tomatoes towards the end of the roasting time to avoid burning them.
LET THEM COOL - Allow the tomatoes to cool slightly before serving to enhance their flavor.
AS A SIDE DISH - These tomatoes are perfect to serve alongside grilled chicken or fish, adding a sweet and tangy touch to your meal.
PASTA TOPPING - Toss them with your favorite pasta for a quick and flavorful dinner option.
SOUP - You can add these to a Tomato Soup to give it another layer of both flavor and texture.
SALAD ADDITION - Mix these roasted cherry tomatoes into a simple green salad, or add to a Caprese Salad. The flavor boost will instantly level up your salad game.
BRUSCHETTA TOPPING - Use them as a topping on toasted bread slices to make a delightful bruschetta.
WITH RICE - Serve them over steamed rice for a simple, satisfying meal.
STORE - Pack any leftover tomatoes in an airtight container, and they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZE - For extended storage, place the leftovers in a freezer-safe container. They can be frozen for up to 4 months.
REHEAT - When you're ready to enjoy them again, reheat them in the oven or microwave until hot.
More Easy and Delicious Roasted Side Dishes
ROASTED POTATOES AND CARROTS - A classic, a crispy side dish that pairs well with any meal.
CANDIED CARROTS - Add a touch of sweetness to your dinner with these delicious glazed veggies.
FROZEN ROASTED BROCCOLI - A convenient, tasty side that's ready in a flash.
HONEY-ROASTED SWEET POTATOES - Find out why thousands have tried this recipe and love it.
ROASTED BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER - Two vegetables roasted to perfection and topped with grated cheese, creating an easy, mouthwatering side dish.
Please take a moment to rate our Roasted Cherry Tomato recipe below!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl. Toss until tomatoes and garlic are well coated in oil. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Make sure the tomatoes are not crowded; otherwise, they will steam instead of roast.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they are soft and slightly charred.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the honey-thyme glaze. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the honey, fresh thyme leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Stir until it's well combined and just warm.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and drizzle them with the honey-thyme glaze. Toss them gently to ensure every tomato is coated with the glaze.
- Return the tomatoes to the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes or until the glaze is bubbling and slightly caramelized. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.