With their soft and chewy texture and sweet-tangy flavor combination of hearty rolled oats and dried cranberries, these Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are an absolutely delicious treat!
Why This Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Works
TIME - This recipe takes no time at all to make. As long as you make sure that your butter is at room temperature. It quite literally takes me less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
EVERYDAY INGREDIENTS - One of the reasons I make these cookies almost every other week is that I always have all of the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. Everything on the ingredient list is a staple in my house, so it's really easy to indulge in this homemade treat.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
BUTTER - I recommend using unsalted butter. Make sure the butter is at room temperature. If necessary you might need to warm it up in the microwave.
SUGAR - To make the cookies both moist and crispy, we'll use equal amounts of granulated and brown sugar. The brown sugar makes the cookies softer, and the granulated sugar allows them to crisp.
EGGS - Adds creaminess and helps to bind the dough.
FLOUR - All-purpose flour works great.
LEAVENING AGENTS - We'll use equal amounts of baking soda and baking powder.
CRANBERRIES - Choose your favorite brand for dried cranberries. I like the dried cranberries from Trader Joe's.
How To Make Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- CREAM butter, granulated and brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl (this a good recipe for a stand mixer!).
- ADD flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- FOLD in oats and cranberries.
- DROP - Use a cookie scoop and drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- BAKE for 10-12 minutes.
STORE - Place the leftover cookies in an airtight container. You can store them at room temperature for up to one week. Granted, these cookies have never lasted that long at my house.
FREEZE - Yes, Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies freeze beautifully. Wrap the cookies tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing them in a freezer bag.
More Easy And Delicious Cookie Recipes
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - This recipe is so easy to make, and the cookies are incredibly addicting.
COOL WHIP COOKIES - Soft and chewy and made with just 3 ingredients!
CHAI COOKIES - Buttery, crumbly, sweet treat full of warm spices such as cardamon and cinnamon.
BANANA PUDDING COOKIES - Easy-to-make cookies are soft, moist, and chewy.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES - Strawberries and cream cheese to create a one-of-a-kind fruity cheesecake cookie.
Please take a moment to rate our Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe below!
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, granulated and brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then mix in oats and cranberries.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.