Welcome to a new spin on a classic! This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole combines the familiar taste of your favorite comfort meal with the ease of a casserole.
With a handful of simple ingredients like chicken, vegetables, and biscuits, this recipe promises a satisfying and delectable dish.
Why This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe Works
EASE OF PREPARATION - This recipe takes advantage of convenient, ready-to-use ingredients such as pre-cooked chicken and canned biscuits, making prep time a breeze.
FLEXIBILITY - It's a great way to repurpose leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken, and you can switch up the frozen vegetables to match your preferences.
FULL OF FLAVOR - The use of thyme, rosemary, and cream of chicken soup base infuses the dish with a depth of flavors that'll keep you coming back for seconds.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
CHICKEN - This is the star of our casserole, providing protein and substance.
VEGETABLES - A colorful mix of frozen mixed vegetables adds a variety of flavors and textures. I like carrots, peas, and corn best.
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP - Acts as a flavorful binding agent for the ingredients, making the pie filling creamy and rich.
BISCUIT DOUGH - Forms the golden crust that gives our casserole the classic pot pie touch. I used store-bought biscuits from Trader Joe's, but you can use any other brand. Or use homemade biscuit dough.
CHEDDAR CHEESE - Brings an added layer of savory, creamy goodness to the final dish.
How To Make A Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Melt butter and sauté the vegetables.
- Add shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, and half & half. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the creamy mixture into a casserole dish.
- Top the chicken mixture with the biscuits and drizzle the biscuits with cheddar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
Recipe Success Tips
CHICKEN - You can use any cooked chicken, whether it's leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or freshly cooked and shredded chicken.
MIX IT UP - Don't be afraid to swap out vegetables based on your family's preferences or what's in season. I will sometimes add onion or celery for extra flavor.
BAKING TIME - Make sure to bake the casserole until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling hot.
SIDE SALAD - A fresh green salad goes great with this casserole.
STORE - Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
FREEZE - Freeze the cooled casserole in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
REHEAT - Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (if straight out of the freezer) and reheat in the oven at 350° Fahrenheit until warmed through.
More Easy and Delicious Casserole Recipes
PIZZA CASSEROLE - A perfect union of your favorite pizza ingredients in a warm, bubbly bake.
CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - Experience the heartwarming duo of chicken and rice under a golden, cheesy topping.
SALMON CASSEROLE - Tender salmon and spinach in a rich cream sauce topped with cheese.
TACO CASSEROLE - All flavors of a taco in an easy, one-dish meal.
HAM AND NOODLE CASSEROLE - Ham and hearty noodles served in a delicious cream sauce.
Please take a moment to rate the recipe below!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 24 ounces peas and carrots frozen
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 can (22.6 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cans biscuits refrigerated (12 biscuits)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté rosemary and thyme for 1 minute. Add the frozen vegetables and cook until they are thawed and heated through.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, half and half, and shredded chicken, until everything is well combined and heated. If desired season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer this mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Top the mixture with the biscuits from the can. Arrange them evenly over the top. Sprinkle the biscuits with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Let the casserole rest for about 5 minutes before serving.