Banana Bread Muffins are a delicious and fun twist on traditional banana bread. This easy recipe makes super moist, melt-in-your-mouth muffins that are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or as a midday snack.
They travel really well. So put a couple in your briefcase for a snack at your desk.
To Make Banana Bread Muffins
These simple, comforting banana bread muffins are incredibly moist soft and buttery every time. So go ahead, use up those overripe bananas on your counter and bake these with confidence.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- BANANAS: Peel two ripe bananas. Smash one banana with a fork. Chop the other banana into small pieces.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE: Use 1/2 cup of white chocolate and blend in a small food processor until they are coarsely chopped. Reserve 3 tablespoons.
- ALMONDS: Reserve 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds.
Making The Batter
- Combine yogurt, whisked eggs, sugar, and ONE smashed ripe banana in a large bowl.
- Blend all ingredients until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine self-rising flour, cinnamon, shredded white chocolate, and slivered almonds.
- Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of both slivered almonds and shredded white chocolate.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Blend dry and wet ingredients on medium-low speed until well combined.
- Fold in the second chopped banana pieces into the batter (don’t use the mixer to do this).
- Add muffin cups to your muffin pan and spoon in about 1/3 cup of the batter into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the batter of each muffin with the reserved shredded chocolate and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness.
Banana Bread Tips And Tricks
Banana Bread Muffins are one of our family’s favorite easy recipes. The kind we always go back to again and again.
No oil?! You might have noticed that there is no oil, butter, or applesauce in this recipe. Many moons ago I made this recipe and noticed afterward that I didn’t add any additional fat.
We really enjoyed how the muffins turned out to be moist, smooth and ever so tasty. And so ever since we’ve omitted adding any fat for shortening. It has the added benefit of reducing the calories at no cost in taste or texture!
However, I also love using a whole milk (vanilla) yogurt for a perfect variation to this recipe.
TIP – If you need to ripen bananas quickly, store them in a paper bag with an apple, avocado, peach or tomato. And if you want to ripen the bananas immediately, place them still in their skins into a 250-degree oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. Voila!
Walnuts – You could also use chopped walnuts instead of sliced almonds.
PECANS – Chopped pecans are one of my favorite banana bread recipe additions.
CRANBERRIES – Adding a few cranberries to the banana bread muffin mix adds great texture and a subtle hint to of tart.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS – Banana and chocolate are two flavors that were just meant for each other. Instead of adding shredded white chocolate, try adding a handful of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Can You Freeze The Muffins?
YES, you can! Simply wrap each muffin in freezer-friendly plastic wrap (aluminum foil works as well). Put the individually wrapped muffins into a freezer-safe ziplock back and you can store the muffins for 2-3 months in the freezer.
When it’s time to defrost just remove the individually wrapped muffins out of the bag and thaw them on a plate for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
If you like them warmed up, simply warm them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
More Easy Baked Treats
- Bundt Cake
- Easy Strudel Cookies
- German Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Streuselkuchen ~ German Crumb Cake
Banana Bread Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners (or grease the muffin pan).
- Mash one banana with a fork. Dice the other banana into small pieces.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each of slivered almonds and of chopped white chocolate.
- Use a small food processor to coarsly chop the white chocolate chips.
MAKING THE BATTER
- Use a large bowl and combine mashed banana, eggs, yogurt, and sugar. Use a hand mixer and blend the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Use a second bowl and combine the self-rising flour, cinnamon, and
- Spoon in about 1/3 cup of the batter into each muffin cup
- Sprinkle the batter of each muffin with the reserved shredded chocolate and slivered almonds
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness