This Baked Feta Pasta recipe has gone viral on TikTok. Let's find out why! It's an amazing easy pasta dinner with just a few simple ingredients but is full of big flavors.
Roasted ripe cherry tomatoes and salty cheese turn into this wonderfully creamy sauce that makes a delicious pasta dish.
Why We Love This Recipe Feta Pasta Recipe
Have you seen the viral recipe of the Baked Feta pasta? Of course, not every viral food moment is worth it's worth the hype and a good idea. But, this TikTok feta pasta recipe definitely is!
And for a good reason. If you're looking for easy pasta recipes that have bold flavors and are easy to prepare, you will love this recipe.
There's a reason thousands have made this video of people on TikTok. And it'll probably end up in a collection of 2021 viral food moments. When I first saw it, I was instantly hooked. Any low-effort recipe that calls for just a handful of ingredients is definitely worth it in my book.
Ease - If you're looking for an easy-to-make pasta dish, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients - It only has a handful of ingredients, most of which you'll probably already have in your fridge and pantry.
Flavor - This recipe uses few ingredients but results in big, bold flavors. To be honest, my husband isn't a huge feta fan, and I wasn't sure how he'd react. However, he's a candid critic, and the short story is. He loved it!
Trendy - This recipe is definitely trendy. And who doesn't like to impress friends and family with something special?
More Recipes With Feta Cheese
- Mint and Feta Rice - This is such an easy and flavorful side dish.
- Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad - This sweet and savory salad is a summer classic.
This recipe uses simple ingredients that are easy on your wallet and are also quick to prepare. Here you'll need:
Cherry Tomatoes: These little tomatoes are bursting with flavor and are easy to get fresh. Grape tomatoes work well, too.
Feta cheese: For this recipe, you'll want block feta cheese. You can find this cheese in every grocery store. Look in the 'fancy cheese section.'
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: Use good olive oil for this recipe. You'll really notice the difference.
Basil: Mmm, basil! Use a whole bunch of it in this recipe. It's really important to use fresh basil. If you only have dried, you'll want to run and get some fresh for this dish.
Fresh Garlic: Freshly smashed cloves of garlic adds a wonderful sharp bite to the dish.
Salt and Pepper - I highly recommended using fresh, cracked pepper for best results.
Red Pepper Flakes: A little heat will make this a recipe you go back to over and over again.
Pasta: You can use any small pasta shape for this dish. Some ideas are penne, rigatoni, farfalle, orecchiette, elbows, or bowtie pasta. Whatever your pasta of choice, make sure to cook the pasta al dente.
Variations and Additions
I love recipes that are great by themselves but leave enough room also to add your own spin.
Olives. To add some saltiness, taste, and texture, a cup of olives would be wonderful.
Protein. This meal is completely delicious by itself, but you can add grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, or even some roasted salmon.
Other Cheese. I've made this dish so many times over the summer. It's simply so easy to make, and it tastes amazing. I've not yet tried other cheese. But I think it'll be amazing if you'll use a log of goat cheese or mozzarella cheese. If you try it, please let us know in the comments how you liked it.
Pasta. You can easily make this recipe gluten-free. Use your favorite gluten-free pasta. Or, if you're looking for something more wholesome, try making it with whole wheat pasta instead.
Want to make it vegan? I've never tried this, but you could try this vegan feta cheese alternative. Again, I've never tried this but would love to.
Texture. If you're looking for a creamier texture, try adding a cup of reserved pasta water.
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat the oven temperature to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Place a block of feta cheese in the center of the baking dish. Add two pints of cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with cracked salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, cook your favorite pasta according to the package instructions.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Smash the roasted tomatoes and cheese with a fork until the sauce is creamy. Add fresh minced garlic cloves, fresh basil leaves, and pasta. Toss to combine.
- Season with some additional cracked black pepper. Toss and serve. Yum!
Recipe Success Tips
It’s always good to read through the entire recipe before preparing it in your own kitchen.
Since there are so few ingredients, it's important to get the best possible quality so they each shine through.
You'll need some fresh feta cheese, good quality olive oil, ripe off-the-vine tomatoes, freshly cracked black pepper, and cracked sea salt for seasoning.
This sea salt crystal salt grinder from Trader Joe’s is amazing. You can find similar products at most larger supermarkets.
Using incredibly fresh ingredients is a game-changer!
Use fresh basil. A lot. (about 2 ½ oz … an entire Trader Joe’s package).
Add the garlic and basil after roasting the cheese and tomatoes in the oven, not before, so that the garlic won't burn and the basil won't get crispy instead of softly wilting on top.
Store and Keep
This pasta recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. However, I don't recommend freezing this dish. It's unlikely you'll have enough leftovers anyway!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Baked Feta Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Place feta cheese in the center of a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Add cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with red pepper flakes, and cracked salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Cook pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.*
- Remove baked feta cheese and tomatoes from the oven. Use a fork and smash the tomatoes and mix well with the feta cheese. Add fresh garlic and basil. Mix well. Keep mixing until well combined.
- Add pasta and toss until well coated. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.