There's nothing quite like the classic comfort of Ham and Cheese Sliders, especially when they're this easy to make.
Our sliders are packed with savory ham, melted cheddar, and a tangy Dijon kick.
Why Our Ham and Cheese Sliders Sandwich Recipe Works
- EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER - With a prep time of just 5 minutes, our sliders are hassle-free and ideal for beginners.
- FLAVORFUL - The combination of sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls, savory ham, and Cheddar creates a delightful contrast, enhanced by the tang of Dijon mustard.
- VERSATILE - Our sliders are perfect for appetizers, snacks, or casual dinners. And, of course, sliders are a Game Day favorite.
- KID-FRIENDLY - Their small size and familiar ingredients make these sliders a hit with children.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
DINNER ROLLS - Originating from Portuguese sweet bread, soft Hawaiian dinner rolls are cherished for their unique sweet flavor and soft texture, making them a versatile choice for sliders and sandwiches.
HAM - Opt for a high-quality, thinly sliced deli ham such as honey ham for sweetness, Black Forest ham for a smoky touch, Virginia ham for a classic flavor, or boiled ham for a milder taste. The choice of ham adds depth and character to the sliders, complementing the other ingredients.
CHEDDAR CHEESE - Choose a sharp or medium cheddar for a richer, more pronounced flavor. Aged cheddar adds depth, while a milder variety keeps the focus on the ham. The type of cheddar can significantly influence the overall taste profile of the sliders, blending perfectly with your chosen ham variety.
DIJON MUSTARD - Offers a tangy kick. You can use yellow mustard instead.
BUTTER, UNSALTED - Melted butter gives a rich, smooth coating to the rolls, making them even more delectable.
SEASONING - This includes a blend of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. These seasonings work together to enhance the flavors of the ham and cheese, adding depth and a touch of warmth to each slider.
POPPY SEEDS - This is optional, but you can sprinkle poppy seeds on top of the rolls.
How To Make Ham And Cheese Sliders
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Place the bottom halves of your rolls in the baking dish. Spread mustard evenly on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Add two folded slices of ham over each roll bottom. Top with folded slices of cheese.
- Cap it with the roll tops.
- Melt butter, whisk seasonings into the melted butter, and brush the top half of the rolls with the mixture.
- Bake at 350º Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- POTATO CHIPS - A classic pairing that adds a crunchy contrast.
- PICKLES - Offer a tangy, crisp side that cuts through the richness of the sliders.
- COLESLAW - A creamy, refreshing slaw complements the savory flavors well.
- FRUIT SALAD - A light, sweet fruit salad can balance the hearty sliders.
- BEVERAGES - Pair with iced tea, lemonade, or your favorite beer for a complete casual dining experience.
Planning and Leftovers
STORE - Store in the baking dish or an airtight container. Place in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE - These sliders can be frozen for up to a month. Just wrap them well to avoid freezer burn.
REHEAT -Warm up in the oven or microwave until heated through. The oven method helps maintain the texture better.
Recipe Success Tips
- EVEN COATING - Ensure the butter mixture is evenly brushed over the rolls for consistent flavor in each slider.
- WATCH THE OVEN - Keep an eye on the sliders while baking to prevent over-browning.
- FRESH INGREDIENTS - Use freshly sliced ham and cheese for the best taste and texture.
- SERVE WARM - These sliders are best enjoyed warm, straight out of the oven, for maximum gooey cheese goodness.
- SWAP INGREDIENTS - If Cheddar cheese isn't your cup of tea, try topping the ham with Swiss Cheese, and you got "Swiss Sliders." 🙂
Commonly Asked Questions
Are there any substitutions I can make?
You can substitute your preferred cheese, such as Swiss. You can also use turkey slices instead of ham.
Do I have to use soft Hawaiian Rolls?
No, you can use any other small dinner roll you like. Hawaiian sweet rolls just work very well for this recipe, but for a bit of different spin, you could look for small brioche buns as well.
Do I have to use Poppy Seeds?
No. We sprinkle poppy seeds on the sliders to add a subtle crunch and make them look pretty, but they are not essential.
More Easy Recipes Perfect For a Crowd
SLOW COOKER PULLED CHICKEN SLIDERS - Tried and true family favorite.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP - This hot and cheese dip is perfect for dipping!
WARM SPINACH DIP - So easy, so cheesy.
Please take a moment to rate our Ham And Cheese Sliders recipe below!
Ham And Cheese Sliders
- 12 rolls Hawaiian dinner rolls King's Hawaiian or any storebrand
- 24 slices ham folded
- 12 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted, melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt kosher
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon black poppy seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the bottom parts of your rolls in the baking dish. Spread your Dijon mustard evenly on the bottom rolls.
- Add ham slices, Two slices of ham over each roll, folded in half twice. Then, add one cheese slice per slider, folding it in half. Place the roll tops onto the cheese slices.
- Combine your melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush evenly onto rolls. Top with poppy seeds.
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, top with fresh parsley.