This delicious, homemade Curry Chicken Salad with Grapes is creamy, sweet, and savory. It’s quite literally one of the best chicken salad recipes. Juicy chicken, sweet grapes, crunchy green onions, and tangy mango chutney are combined with curry and fresh ginger, orange juice, sour cream, and a dollop of mayonnaise.
Put this menu on your meal planning rotation. It makes a simple lunch
About This Curry Chicken Salad With Grapes
This is such a great homemade chicken salad recipe. Once made you can easily keep in in your fridge for about a week. It’s similar to the Amish Macaroni Salad in that it’s a great recipe for parties, potlucks or barbecues.
This salad is perfect for lunches at home or on-the-go. Look for a glass container like this one that has two compartments – one for the lettuce and one for the chicken salad.
When you are ready to serve simply add the chicken salad with grapes on a bed of lettuce and dig in!
- Cooked Chicken – Poached chicken breast works great. But you can also use grilled chicken.
- Grapes – You can use both green grapes, red grapes or a combination of both
- Green Onions – You may also know green onions as scallions. They add a bit of an onion-like flavor without overpowering this curry chicken salad.
- Lettuce – iceberg, baby bib lettuce, or even a spring mix work great.
- Sour Cream – If you don’t like sour cream use Greek yogurt instead.
- Curry Powder – I find that good curry powder can make a or break a dish like this. This organic curry powder has been my favorite for many years.
- Mango Chutney – This is an excellent mango chutney you’ll find in most major grocery stores.
- Orange Juice – You can use a storebought one (we love Trader Joe’s Unpasteurized Fresh squeezed Orange juice) or simply use the juice of one fresh squeezed orange.
- Ginger – You can use powdered ginger but I highly recommend using fresh ginger.
How To Make This Chicken Salad Recipe
- Use a large cutting board to chop the green onions and half or quarter the green grapes.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, curry powder, mango chutney, fresh ginger, and the orange juice. Use a whisk and blend until smooth.
- Add the chopped green onions, green grapes, and cooked chicken to the dressing and combine until everything is evenly coated.
- Use your lettuce of choice and top with the curried chicken salad.
- Serve and Enjoy
Tips for Making This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
Poaching chicken is the healthiest method to cook chicken. But it can also result in tough, dry chicken. And nobody wants that. If poaching chicken scares you, check out this foolproof method for poaching chicken. This always results in tender, juicy chicken!!
We prefer chopping the cooked chicken breasts into small, medium, and large size chunks, but you can also shred the chicken.
If you’re looking to cut some calories, simply swap the sour cream for Greek yogurt and omit the mayonnaise.
Don’t combine the lettuce with the chicken. If you have leftovers the lettuce will not stay crisp. Therefore it’s better to serve the lettuce on the side.
Another great way of serving this easy chicken salad recipe is to turn it into a curry chicken sandwich or wrap. Use your favorite bread, make a bed of lettuce and top it with some of the chicken salad.
One of the reasons why this simple chicken salad recipe is so high on the list of awesome salad recipes is because it’s so versatile.
- Golden Raisins
- Mandarins. If you’re choosing to use canned orange mandarins, you can use the mandrin juice instead of the orange juice
- Fresh Mango
- Nuts – Both walnuts and pecans work nicely.
More Amazing Salads
- Amish Macaroni Salad
- German Tomato Salad
- Pea Salad
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
Curry Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Chop green onions and halve (or quarter) the grapes on a cutting board. Shred or chop the cooked chicken.
- Use a large bowl and combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, curry powder, ginger, mango chutney, and orange juice. Use a whisk to blend smooth.
- Add the chicken, green onions, and grapes and coat well with the dressing.
- Create a bed of lettuce and top with the curry chicken salad. Enjoy.