This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad will get you excited to eat your vegetables!
Add bacon and Cheddar cheese, and you have a filling salad your family will ask for again and again!
About Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is great because you can prep it beforehand and likely have all the ingredients on hand anyway.
The creamy dressing compliments the broccoli and cauliflower salad and will excite you and your family to eat your veggies!
You can easily scale this salad and serve it for a larger crowd at a party.
You can find a detailed ingredient list in the recipe card below.
Vegetables - Use fresh, raw broccoli (not frozen) and cauliflower. Save time using pre-cut veggies! Add red onion for some extra crunch.
BACON - Look for thick-cut bacon. The easiest way is to cook it in the oven and crumble it yourself.
CHEESE - Cheddar cheese works well with this recipe. Get a block of sharp Cheddar (or mild) and dice the cheese into quarter-inch pieces.
DARIY - I like to use a combination of full-fat mayonnaise and Greek Yogurt. You can substitute either one with plain yogurt and/or sour cream.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - The apple cider vinegar adds a bit of acidity and helps to bring out the other flavors. You can also use white wine vinegar instead.
SUGAR - a couple of tablespoons of granulated sugar complement the vinegar. If you don't like granulated sugar, use your favorite substitute sweetener instead.
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Cook the bacon at 400º Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes. Allow bacon to cool and chop bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli florets and the cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Dice half of the red onion and Cheddar cheese.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine equal amounts of mayonnaise and Greek yogurt.
- Add apple cider vinegar and sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bacon, and Cheddar cheese. Toss well, and if desired, season with a pinch of salt.
Recipe Success Tip
Tip: You can cut down on the prep time if you look for a bag of precut broccoli or cauliflower. If you live near Trader Joe's, pick up a bag of Trader Joe's Broccoli & Cauliflower Duet.
How To Store Broccoli Cauliflower Salad?
This is a great salad to prep ahead and perfect for large family gatherings. This means you always have a healthy option, even when you're on the go or short on time!
My husband loves the salad on the second day because the broccoli and cauliflower have absorbed all the flavors but are still crispy.
It just gets better and better, which is saying something because it's delicious the second you make it!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
More Easy and Delicious Salads
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out 6 strips of bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. Let the bacon cool and chop into crumbles.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Chop the red onion and diced the cheddar cheese.
- Use a medium size mixing bowl to combine mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Add apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Combine veggies, bacon, Cheddar cheese and dressing. Season with salt. Serve and enjoy!