This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad will get you excited to eat your vegetables! Add bacon and Cheddar cheese and you have a filling salad your family is going to ask for again and again!
About Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is great, because you can prep it ahead of time, and chances are that you’ll have all the ingredients on hand anyway.
The creamy dressing compliments the broccoli and cauliflower salad and will get you and your family excited to eat your veggies!
You can easily scale this salad and serve it for a larger crowd at a party.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
Making this salad recipe is really easy.
For the Salad
- 3 cups BROCCOLI
- 3 cups CAULIFLOWER – Save time with pre-cut cauliflower.
- 6 strips of BACON – I love to use oven-baked bacon.
- ½ cup CHEDDAR CHEESE
- ½ cup RED ONION
For the dressing
- ½ cup MAYONNAISE
- 2 tablespoons GREEK YOGURT – Or use plain yogurt instead.
- 2 tablespoons APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.- White white vinegar works, too.
- 2 tablespoons SUGAR – Use any substitute sweetener.
How Do You Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is so easy to make and barely takes 20 minutes to prep.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400° Fahrenheit degrees.
- Cook the bacon for about 15 minutes or until they are golden crispy. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the oven and let it cool down. Remove the excess fat and chop the bacon into small chunks.
- While the bacon is in the oven, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- Cut a half head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice half of red onion. And dice a block of Cheddar cheese into small chunks. Combine everything into a large bowl.
Making the creamy Salad dressing
- For the dressing, combine equal amounts of mayonnaise, Greek yogurt. Add apple cider vinegar and sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the salad ingredients and season with salt if necessary. A pinch of salt goes a long way because the bacon and Cheddar cheese are already salty.
Tip: You can cut down on the chopping time if you look for a bag of precut broccoli or cauliflower. If you live near Trader Joe’s pick up a bag of Trader Joe’s Broccoli & Cauliflower Duet.
How To Store Broccoli Cauliflower Salad?
This is a great salad to prep ahead and perfect for large family gatherings. This means you always have a healthy option, even when you’re on the go or short on time!
My husband loves the salad on day 2 because the broccoli and cauliflower have really absorbed all the flavors but are still crispy.
It really just gets better and better, which is saying something because it’s delicious the second you make it!
If You Love Broccoli Salad, You’ll Love These Salads
Broccoli Cauliflower SaladRate Recipe
- 3 cups broccoli
- 3 cups cauliflower
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cups bacon
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400° degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out 6 strips of bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. Let the bacon cool and chop into crumbles.
- Meanwhile cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Chop the red onion and diced the cheddar cheese.
- Use a medium size mixing bowl to combine mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Add apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Combine veggies, bacon, Cheddar cheese and dressing. Season with salt. Serve and enjoy!