Enjoy these delicious Cornflake Cookies that are quick to make and sure to please a crowd.
This recipe stars cornflakes, almonds, and a hint of cinnamon. It's so easy and incredibly delicious.
Best of all, you'll need 5 ingredients for this recipe (and I bet you don't need to go shopping!): cornflakes, eggs, sugar, almonds, and cinnamon.
Don't have cinnamon? You can skip it and make it a 4-ingredient cookie.
Why This Cornflake Cookie Recipe Works
EASY TO MAKE - This recipe is perfect for beginner bakers. All you need is a bowl, a saucepan, and your oven!
KID-FRIENDLY - The simple flavors and fun crunch make it an instant hit among the little ones.
INGREDIENTS - With just five ingredients, you won't have to raid the entire grocery store to make these cookies.
CRUNCHY GOODNESS - The cornflakes maintain their crunch, giving each cookie a unique texture that's oh-so-satisfying.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
SUGAR - Adds sweetness to the recipe and enhances the overall flavor.
EGG WHITES - Help to bind the ingredients together and provide structure.
SLICED ALMONDS - Add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to the dish.
CORNFLAKES - Contribute a crispy and crunchy element to the recipe.
CINNAMON - Adds warmth and a delightfully aromatic flavor to the dish.
How To Make Cornflake Cookies
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Mix cornflakes, almonds, cinnamon; preheat oven to 325º Fahrenheit.
- Whisk sugar and egg whites over medium heat until frothy; cool for 2-3 min.
- Combine egg white mix with cornflake mix.
- Drop tablespoons on the baking sheet; bake for 20 min at 325º Fahrenheit.
STORE - To keep your Cornflake Cookies as crunchy as the day you made them, seal them in an airtight container. They'll stay fresh for up to a week.
FREEZE - If you've got more cookies than you can eat soon, no worries! Put them in a ziplock bag and stash them in the freezer. They'll be good for up to three months.
REHEAT - Craving that fresh-baked taste? Place your cookies in an oven preheated to 300º Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes. They'll be as crunchy as ever!
Recipe Success Tips
DON'T RUSH - Allow the egg white mixture to cool a bit before mixing it with the dry ingredients.
EVEN SIZING - Keep your cookie heaps uniform in size for even baking.
BAKING TIME - Keep an eye on the cookies to avoid over-browning.
COOLING - Let the cookies cool on a wire rack to maintain their crunchiness.
DOUBLE BATCH? - My husband has polished off an entire batch of these in 2 days. So you might think about double batching if your family's got a sweet tooth. 😉
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Key Lime Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
- Chai Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl combine cornflakes, almonds, and cinnamon. Set aside.
Making The Cornflake Cookie Mixture
- Combine sugar and egg whites in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick, frothy, and creamy.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow the egg white syrup to cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the egg white syrup mixture over the cornflakes. Use a spatula to combine well.
- Place tablespoon-sized heaps of the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325° Fahrenheit. Transfer onto a wire rack, let cool. Enjoy!