Chicken Meatloaf is a great alternative to traditional beef meatloaf.
Infused with a mixture of spices this meatloaf is tender and loaded with flavors.
I love using ground chicken for meatloaf because the chicken can take on so many flavors. In this recipe, there's zesty barbecue sauce with a hint of smokiness. A little bit of smoked sweet paprika goes a long way!
About Chicken Meatloaf
This is another recipe that you can easily take in a million different directions. This meatloaf recipe is both tasty and EASY to make. In less 10 to 15 minutes your prep is done and the meatloaf if ready for the oven.
That's why I love making this recipe on busy nights. It's also very forgiving.
Don't have barbecue sauce in the pantry, try a combination of ketchup and A1 steak sauce. In other words, this is a recipe to have fun with!
- GROUND CHICKEN
- WET INGREDIENTS: EGG, BBQ SAUCE, WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- VEGGIES & SPICES: onion, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked sweet paprika
- DRY INGREDIENTS: bread crumbs
How To Make Barbecue Chicken Meatloaf
This is such an easy recipe and perfect for a last-minute weeknight dinner when you're short on time.
Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Combine onions, garlic, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, smoked sweet paprika, salt, and pepper in a small food processor. Pulse several times until the ingredients are smooth.
- Use a small bowl and whisk one egg.
- Use a large bowl and combine the spice mixture with ground chicken, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Transfer the ground chicken mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Coat with a layer of barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit.
TIP: Instead of ground chicken try using ground turkey.
Tips for Success
- Use a thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reached 165º Fahrenheit. Adjust the cooking time if necessary.
- I often use panko bread crumbs because they are a staple in my pantry, but you can also use traditional plain breadcrumbs instead.
What To Serve With Chicken Meatloaf
This recipe works well with lots of different side dishes. One of the most classic ways to enjoy this meatloaf is with a side of mashed potatoes and green peas.
But you can also serve it with fresh corn, mac, and cheese, or roasted broccoli. The possibilities are limitless.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Add lightly chopped onion and garlic cloves into a small food processor. Pulse several times until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoked sweet paprika, salt, and pepper to the onion-garlic mixture and pulse several more times until all of the ingredients are well combined.
Making the Chicken Meatloaf
- In a small bowl whisk one egg until creamy. Use a large bowl and combine ground chicken, egg, spice mixture and panko breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a 8x4 inch loaf pan. Generously top with about one cup of barbecue sauce.
- Cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake the chicken meatloaf for 30 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken meatloaf from the oven. Lightly cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.