Chicken Meatloaf is a great alternative to a traditional beef meatloaf.
We combine moist ground chicken with a rich barbecue sauce topping. The added blend of spices and panko bread crumbs ensures a texture and flavor that's downright irresistible.
I love using ground chicken for meatloaf because the chicken can take on so many flavors. In this recipe, there's zesty barbecue sauce with a hint of smokiness. A little bit of smoked sweet paprika goes a long way!
Why This Chicken Meatloaf Recipe Works
EASY TO MAKE - Simplicity is the hallmark of this recipe. You can whip up this meatloaf with straightforward steps and familiar ingredients without breaking a sweat.
MOIST AND JUICY - Thanks to the ground chicken and a generous topping of barbecue sauce, each bite is guaranteed to be succulent.
PANTRY-FRIENDLY - Most of these ingredients are pantry staples, making getting this meatloaf on the table conveniently without a special grocery run.
VERSATILE - Feel like tweaking the recipe? It's flexible enough to allow for your favorite herbs or additional seasonings.
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
GROUND CHICKEN - The star of the show, providing a lean yet moist base.
PANKO BREAD CRUMBS - Offers a lighter texture and helps to hold the meatloaf together.
LARGE EGG - Acts as the binding agent, ensuring your meatloaf doesn't fall apart.
SMALL ONION and GARLIC - These give a flavor kick that pairs excellently with the chicken.
BARBECUE SAUCE - Adds a smoky sweetness, making every bite a delight.
WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE and SMOKED SWEET PAPRIKA - These amp up the flavor quotient, offering depth and complexity.
How To Make A Barbecue Chicken Meatloaf
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan and preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Pulse onion, garlic, and seasonings in a food processor.
- Whisk an egg, then mix it with ground chicken and breadcrumbs.
- Fill loaf pan with mixture, top with barbecue sauce, and bake at 350º Fahrenheit.
TIP: Instead of ground chicken, try using ground turkey.
Recipe Success Tips
- Use a thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches 165º Fahrenheit. Adjust the cooking time if necessary.
- I often use panko bread crumbs because they are a staple in my pantry, but you can also use traditional plain breadcrumbs instead.
What To Serve With Chicken Meatloaf
This recipe works well with lots of different side dishes. One of the most classic ways to enjoy this meatloaf is with a side of mashed potatoes and green peas.
But you can also serve it with fresh corn, mac and cheese, or roasted broccoli. The possibilities are limitless.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken Schnitzel
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Curry Salad
- Easy Cheesy Chicken Parmesan
Please take a moment to rate our Chicken Meatloaf recipe below!
- Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Add onion and garlic cloves into a small food processor and pulse several times until smooth. Add ¼ cup barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, and pulse several more times until all ingredients are well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg.
- Combine ground chicken, egg, spice, and panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture into an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Generously top with about one cup of barbecue sauce.
- Cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake the chicken meatloaf for 25 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and rest for about 5 minutes before serving.