Impress your family and friends with these moist, creamy, and crunchy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. This delicious, refreshing, and easy-to-make summer dessert is a real crowd-pleaser.
A simple oatmeal cookie crust is topped with juicy blueberries and finished with a layer of cream cheese topping.
Our entire family loves cheesecake.
But especially my dad. For as long as I can remember, cheesecake has been his favorite dessert. In fact, German Cheesecake was the first (and only) recipe my dad ever taught me. To be honest, I think it is the only recipe he knows.
This easy creamy cheesecake recipe can be made in advance. Perfect for summer picnics, dessert buffets, or an everyday treat. Best of all, it just takes about 25 minutes to prepare this delicious recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
EASY - With simple ingredients and easy instructions, this recipe is accessible for beginners and can be successfully prepared by anyone.
BLUEBERRY BURTST - The use of blueberry preserves and fresh blueberries provides a burst of fruity flavor throughout the bars.
RICH AND CREAMY - The cream cheese filling, made with eggs and heavy whipping cream, creates a luscious and decadent texture that melts in your mouth.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY - The classic combination of blueberries and cream cheese is loved by both kids and adults, making these bars a crowd-pleasing dessert option for the whole family.
Related Summer Baking Recipe: German Strawberry Torte
Please check the recipe card below for a detailed, printable ingredient list.
BLUEBERRIES - Adds fresh blueberry flavor and texture to the filling.
BLUEBERRY PRESERVE - Provides a sweet and tangy blueberry flavor to the filling.
BUTTER - Provides richness and flavor to the crust.
BROWN SUGAR - Adds sweetness and moisture to the crust.
EGG - Helps bind the crust ingredients together and provides structure.
FLOUR - Gives structure to the crust and helps it hold together.
BAKING POWDER - Helps the crust rise slightly and gives it a lighter texture.
ROLLED OATS - Adds a pleasant texture and nutty flavor to the crust.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM - Used to create a creamy and rich texture for the topping.
EGGS - Helps bind the filling ingredients together and provides structure.
GRANULATED SUGAR - Adds sweetness to the filling and helps to set it.
CREAM CHEESE - The main ingredient for the filling, it adds creaminess, richness, and a tangy flavor to the bars.
How To Make Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Please check the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Making this summer dessert consists of three parts: crust, filling, and topping. Making each layer is extremely easy. This is also a great recipe to get your kids involved in baking.
- Mix butter, sugar, egg, flour, baking powder, salt, and oats for the crust. Press into a baking sheet.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and whipping cream for the filling.
- Spread blueberry jam, add fresh blueberries, and top with the cream cheese filling.
- Bake the bars at 350º Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
Recipe Success Tips
- Instead of blueberries, try this recipe with fresh strawberries. If you do, I recommend cutting the fresh strawberries into small pieces. Try making the recipe with this strawberry preserve; it's one of my favorite preserves.
- If you don't have fresh blueberries, use frozen ones instead.
- You can also try to experiment with adding multiple kinds of fruit. Try half blueberry and half blackberries for a fun twist.
Don't feel like making an oatmeal cookie crust? Make a quick Graham Cracker Crust Instead.
No problem, substitute the oatmeal cookie crust with a graham cracker crust.
Making this adjustment is easy.
Combine 1 ¾ cups of crushed graham crackers, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and ½ cup of melted butter in a bowl.
Transfer the dough to the baking pan and press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Proceed with the recipe as described above.
If you have any leftover blueberry cheesecake bars, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
STORE - To preserve the freshness and quality of the bars, store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
FREEZE - If you want to extend their shelf life, you can freeze the bars by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer-safe container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.
More Easy Desserts
- Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstich)
- Key Lime Cookies
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cherry Crumb Cake
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Making The Crust
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and one egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt and continue to beat on medium-low speed until the mixture turns into a dough. Mix in quick cooking oats.
Making The Cream Cheese Topping
- Usa a large mixing bowl to combine cream cheese and sugar until beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs and whipping cream and continue to beat until all ingredients are well combined and the batter is creamy.
Assembly and Bake
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet and press it into the bottom of the pan
- Covet dough with blueberry preserve and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Pour creamy cheesecake filling over blueberries.
- Bake the blueberry cheesecake for 45 minutes. Use a wooden toothpick to check for doneness.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature. About 1 hour. Transfer into the fridge and chill for 1 hours. Serve and enjoy.