Upgrade your cooking with this easy Parsley Butter recipe. With just a handful of ingredients, you can elevate regular butter to something new and exciting.
Parsley Butter is a simple compound butter recipe made with creamy unsalted butter, onions, garlic, and of course, parsley.
Perfect for steaks, corn-on-the-cob, or to thicken and flavor a great sauce, this easy compound butter recipe can be used in lots of recipes.
Traditionally you'll find compound butter formed into a log.
But I prefer to store parsley butter in these super versatile, inexpensive small mason jars. They are perfect for storing and serving.
- 1 stick BUTTER unsalted, softened
- ½ cup PARSLEY finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove GARLIC, minced
- 1 tablespoon LEMON ZEST
- ½ small ONION - shallots work well, too
- 1 teaspoon SALT
How To Make It
Make the butter has reached room temperature and is nice and soft. It makes blending easier, and you won't end up with unwanted curdled butter.
- Blend softened unsalted butter with onion, garlic, parsley, salt, and a bit of lemon zest in a food processor. Mix on high until the butter is nice and creamy.
As I've mentioned, there are many creative ways to use any compound butter in a multitude of ways, especially parsley butter.
You'll find a similar compound butter recipe in my Beef Stew recipe.
Just a tiny brag about the Beef Stew. My husband loves my Stews and keeps asking for this recipe again and again. No problem, except that we're living through weeklong 90-degree weather at the moment. But I love making people happy with the food, and isn't that what good home cooking is all about? End of brag. 🙂
Using Parsley Butter
- Steak and corn are the natural choices for parsley butter.
- Spice up your burgers with this butter.
- But you can also try sauteeing some fresh shrimp or, if you're feeling fancy, even scallops.
- Add the parsley butter to warm pasta just like you would with our Parsley Pesto.
- Spread a thin layer of the parsley compound butter on a slice of bread. Top with a slice of tomato and maybe some slice of salami. And you've got yourself a nice little appetizer prepared in minutes.
- Top grilled chicken or seafood with parsley butter, and you have an instant winner.
How Long Does Parsley Butter Last?
Properly store; you can easily keep parsley butter in a sealed mason jar for 5 to 7 days. You can also freeze your herb butter for up to 6 months. But I prefer to make this recipe fresh and as needed.
Hungry For More?
Spaetzle - German Egg Noodles
Knödel - German Bacon Bread Dumplings
Creamy Cucumber Salad - Creamy German Cucumber Salad
Red Cabbage - Classic German side dish
Roasted Salmon - quick and easy seafood recipe
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process on high until creamy.
- Transfer the butter into a small mason jar. Use as desired.