Chipotle Mayo is just about the tastiest dipping sauce and it works with just about everything! With a few simple ingredients like chipotle in adobo sauce, mayonnaise, a dash of lime juice, and smoked paprika you have a delicious dip. And it just takes minutes to make!
What is Chipotle?
Chipotles are smoked jalapenos. The jalapenos are first dried and smoked. Later they are added to an adobo sauce.
You can think of adobo sauce as the barbecue sauce of Mexican cuisine. The flavor is a bit spicer, has a hint of sweetness, and a bit of a tang.
Combining all these wonderful spices is what makes this amazing chipotle mayonnaise taste so good!
The can of chipotle sauce that we'll need for this recipe is something you can find here or in any chain grocery store. Look in the international food section of your grocery store.
MUST TRY: Chipotle mayo and crispy sweet potato fries!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
MAYONNAISE - I like full-fat mayonnaise for this recipe and typically buy the Trader Joe's brand. But I've also used this mayo with great success.
CHIPOTLE IN ADOBO SAUCE - You'll find this in the international food aisle at your grocery store. Or you can get it here.
TIP: Do you want to make this recipe vegan-friendly? Look for 'Veganaise'.
To Make Chipotle Mayo Recipe
Making tasty chipotle dip is as quick as saying 1, 2, 3.
- Peel 1 clove of garlic.
- Combine the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers (with adobo sauce), sweet smoked paprika, garlic, honey, and lime juice in a food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth.
More Delicious Dips
- Taco Dip - Perfect for game day.
- Dill Dip - Summer Classic
- Kale Pesto - Perfect for pasta or as a sandwich spread.
- Parsley Pesto - sweet and gentle this pesto also works as a delicious pasta sauce.
- Ranch Dressing - A dressing that can easily be turned into a dip.
PRO TIP: Use chipotle mayo next time you're making fish tacos and sweet potato fries. Drizzle the spiced mayo over the tacos and use the fries for dipping. DELISH!
How Long Does Chipotle Mayo Last?
Chipotle mayo will last in the fridge for about 5 to 7 days.
Because this recipe includes garlic, I wouldn't recommend keeping it for any longer. If you're uncertain, give it the smell test.
Craving Delicious Food? Try this!
- Chicken Schnitzel - A delicious spin on a German classic.
- Oma's Cucumber Salad - Hands down one of the simplest and delicious salad recipes.
- Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes - this side dish is a star!
- Baked Ziti - creamy, cheesy, and just the perfect easy comfort food.
- Zucchini Bread - the moistest Zucchini Bread you've ever tasted. With dried cherries!
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse for 30-45 seconds until well combined.
- Season with salt (optional).