Creamy Strawberry Pudding was a staple in my house growing up in Germany. My German Oma would make it at least once a week.
What makes this dessert stand out is that it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and chances are that you already have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry!
About Strawberry Pudding
I've modified to the original recipe with a more widely available
In Germany, we use Dr. Oetker's Vanilla Pudding as a base for pudding. But since this brand is harder to find in the United States, I started using other vanilla pudding bases and it's still a delicious dish.
The biggest difference is that the German pudding gets cooked hot whereas its American counterparts are cold puddings. Give both a try.
Strawberry Pudding Ingredients
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Whipped Cream
How do I make Strawberry Pudding
My family loves this simple dessert and I love it, because it just takes about 15 minutes or less to prep.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding according to the package instruction.
- Whip heavy cream with vanilla extract and sugar until firm. Use confectioner's sugar if you have some in your pantry but you can also use regular sugar.
- Slice the fresh strawberries and carefully add them and the whipped cream to the vanilla pudding. Reserve a handful of strawberries for decorating.
If you want to add some crunch and texture yon can drizzle some crushed candied pecans (look for the sweet and salty variety!).
More Simple Dessert and Snack Ideas
If you like the simple recipes that are comforting, healthy, and gluten free, check out these recipes.
How to store creamy Strawberry Pudding
You can easily store the pudding for 2-3 days without any loss of flavor or texture. Although at my house this dessert doesn't last more than one day!!
Keep a handful of sliced strawberries in a separate container so you can quickly grab them to decorate the leftovers.
This glass container has two compartments. And you can easily store the leftover pudding mixture in one compartment and the sliced strawberries in the other.
And you can easily take the strawberry pudding as a snack into work the next day. A win win!
Simple Creamy Strawberry Pudding
- Make the gluten free pudding according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into a medium size bowl and begin to mix. Begin slow and gradually increase the speed. After 1 minute add vanilla extract and sugar. Whip until the cream has firmed up.
- Remove the head of the strawberries and slice strawberries.
- Fold the whipped cream into the gluten free vanilla pudding (don't over work) and add ¾ of the fresh sliced strawberries to the mixture. Use the remaining ¼ for decoration.
- Spoon the pudding into dessert cups and garnish with sliced strawberries.