Finding gifts for the Woman who wants nothing can be challenging to say the least. Maybe you have a mom, sister, or friend who says they want nothing.
Do you have somebody on your list who notoriously answers with 'nothing' when you ask them what they want as a gift?
How can you go about finding something they will like and appreciate?
Maybe the person feels like she has everything, or she's someone who doesn't know how to express her wishes.
Tip # 1 - Gift a Donation
Donate to a charity or organization.
Donating on somebody's behalf to a charitable organization is a thoughtful gift. It's the perfect gift for the woman in your life who wants nothing for herself.
Maybe the person you're trying to shop for already supports a charitable society. In that case, contribute to that organization.
If you don't know of any specific cause or charity, here's a list of great reasons.
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Scholarship America
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
- Alzheimer's Association
Donate whatever amount feels right to you. Wrap the donation recipe in a gift box.
Tip #2 - Gift An Experience Gift
In our family, we love to give each other experience gifts.
For instance, my stepson bought tickets to a Broadway Show for all of us. So we spent a fun family day in New York City.
We had a pre-show lunch and got to do a bit of spontaneous sightseeing after the show.
The best part an experience gift is that it's not just a memory builder but also an opportunity to spend quality time together.
And you don't have to live near a big city to give somebody an experience gift.
You can find activities that are local to your area.
Finding a Great Experience Gift
If you're looking for a meaningful experience for someone you love, begin by brainstorming activities she enjoys.
- Does she enjoy being athletic?
- Is she a knitter or crafter?
- Does she like animals?
- Or maybe she's a cheese lover?
After the initial brainstorm, try and think of activities that are related to her hobby.
For example, if she enjoys good wine, look for a vineyard tour or an evening at a wine bar.
Some suggestions to get you started:
- Vineyard Tour
- Museums Exhibition
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Spin Class
- Dinner Theatre
- Visit the Zoo
- Community Theatre Shows
This can be such a great gift for your mom, sister, or friend. Sign up for a class or a workshop at your local community center. You can chose to simply gift the class or to make it an experience gift and join the class yourself.
How do I know what kind of class I should get?
When it comes to classes, the sky really is the limit.
Begin by making a list of things your friend likes to do.
- Is she artsy or crafty?
- Does she like photography or cooking?
- Or is she interested in health and wellness?
Some gift ideas for classes to get you started:
- Cooking Class
- Drawing Class
- Pottery Class
- Meditation Class
- Photography Class
Also, think about the person's schedule. Does she have time to fit a class into her schedule? Maybe a one or two-day workshop would be better for her. Most places will offer gift certificates.
This gives the person you're trying to shop for the flexibility to schedule the class at her leisure.
Tip #4 - Gift an Online Classes
This is a bit of a spin-off from the in-person class experience. Although 1-on-1 interaction is great, you might find online classes are a better fit.
For instance, if you're trying to come up with gift ideas for a woman who wants nothing and who can't easily travel to an in-person class.
Online classes tend to be extremely flexible. They'll be easier to fit into somebody else's schedule. And another bonus of online classes is that they a huge array of subjects.
Check out the following online platforms:
Masterclass is an online learning platform which allows students to take a variety of classes taught by world-famous experts. So e sample classes are:
Skillshare is a different type of online learning platform altogether.
You will find a huge range of topics.
- Introduction to Watercolor,
- Hand-Lettering for Beginners
- Piano Lessons for Beginners
- How to make a great cup of coffee (seriously, it's a Skillshare class).
Skillshare offers a premium membership that includes unlimited, ad-free, access to all classes. And it's the perfect gift if the women who enjoy learning new things.
Other Online Platforms you could check out:
- Treehouse - This is a bit of a niche gift. Treehouse is an online learning platform, great for anybody who wants to add coding skills to their portfolio. Because Treehouse offers more than 2,000 courses in everything from basic HTML and CSS to game designing.
- Udemy - was the major online platform I ever used. Their course catalog features more than 80,000 classes.
If you are opting for a Udemy course, you want to read this post on how to save money when you buy courses on Udemy.
- Coursera - This online platform sets itself apart by having top-tier teachers and professors teaching. The offering includes college-level classes and certifications. Here are some of the courses you can expect to see.
- How to Finance and Grow your Startup - University of London
- Child Nutrition and Cooking - Stanford University of Stanford
- Dynamic Public Speaking - University of Washington
Thoughtful Low Budget Ideas
If you you're looking for a low-cost option, you could take a spin on yesteryear's mixed tapes.
Do you remember making mixtapes? Although we don't have cassette recorders anymore we can still create a modern version of a mixed tape.
Let's say your mom has recently developed an interest in photography. Create a playlist of YouTube videos that are great for novice photographers.
Do you have a friend who likes to cook or bake? Create a text document with 10-15 recipes you think she would enjoy. Search for good food videos or baking tutorials on YouTube and link those to your document.
Other Gift Guides
- More Gift Ideas for Women
- Gift Guide For The Tech Girl
- Fun Gift Ideas for Your Friends
- Gifts for Dog Lovers
- Gift Guide for Friends who Work from Home
I hope I've given you some new ideas to help you find great gifts. Always start by thinking about what the person you're trying to surprise enjoys.
- And what does she talk about a lot?
- What are your interests?
- What makes her tick?
Leave a Reply