Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is one of these easy recipes that can be a delicious everyday side dish or the hit on a buffet table.
Tender pasta, crunchy dill pickles, sweet apple, and crunchy onions are tossed in a creamy dill pickle dressing.
The first time I tried this dish was during a summer barbecue. And it was love at first bite!
Once I learned how easy it is to make this pasta salad, it became one of my go-to potluck and party recipes. Over the years, I've adjusted the recipe. Experiment with yellow onion instead of red. And sometimes, I add a cup of cubed Cheddar cheese or Colby Jack cheese.
This is the version of the recipe my family loves best. The combination of juicy sweet and sour pickle, green apple, and crunchy red onion is simple, and it just works.
- 16 ounces PASTA
- 5-6 DILL PICKLES - diced
- 1 large GREEN APPLE - chopped, Granny Smith works well
- 1 medium RED ONION diced
- 3 large EGGS hard-boiled, chopped
Dill Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup MAYONNAISE - for this recipe, I prefer Miracle Whip Mayonnaise
- ½ cup GREEK YOGURT (or Sour Cream)
- ½ cup PICKLE JUICE
- ¼ cup DILL - chopped
How To Make Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- PASTA - Cook pasta according to package instructions. Cook al dente. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- DRESSING: Whisk mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, pickle juice, and dill until smooth. Set aside.
- SALAD - Combine chilled pasta, dill pickles, red onion, apple, and hard-boiled eggs in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad. Toss to combine.
This salad is simple to make and perfect if you need to feed a crowd in a hurry. The dressing couldn't be easier. Combine mayonnaise and Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and add the pickle juice from the jar.
The pickle juice is already well seasoned, and you probably won't need anything else to make this salad taste like a million bucks.
If you like, you can add a dash of salt and or garlic powder, but to be honest, I typically don't bother. And if you want this kind of dressing, be sure to check out my Tuna Pasta Salad. It's made similarly and is on meal rotation all summer long.
How long does Dill Pickle Pasta Salad last?
You can store this pasta salad in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge.
More Easy Salad Ideas
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add one tablespoon of salt to the boiling water. Cook al dente. Chill with cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk mayonnais and Greek yogurt until smooth. Add pickle juice and chopped dill. Whisk till well combined. Set aside.
- Toss chilled pasta with the dill pickles, red onion, and hard-boiled eggs. Pour dressing over the pasta salad. Combine well and rest for 30 minutes before serving.